Home Remedies for Acne

I use honey daily on my face. I have oily skin. I am looking for some homemade recipes to get rid of pimples, scars, and black heads.

Shans

Answers:

Home Remedies for Acne

You can use some apple cider vinegar, about a 1/4 of a teaspoon and 1 drop of tea tree oil on a cotton swab and apply it to affected areas before you go to bed. If you think it might rub off, just put a band aid over it. They should clear up over night. (01/19/2009)

By Ivy

Home Remedies for Acne

My skincare regimen is as follows. I hope you can use some of the advice.

Before you touch your face, always, always, always wash your hands. I wash my face only twice per day to prevent over drying.

1. Wash face with warm water to open pores.
  2. Wash with PanOxyl (10% benzoyl peroxide face wash).
  3. Every other day, wash your face with honey and sugar. The sugar should be coarse enough so you can feel it on your face. Leave on for about 10 minutes and massage into your skin to prevent it from dripping. Wash with warm water mixed with baking soda.
  4. Be sure to pat dry with a clean towel.
  5. Use a benzoyl peroxide cream (I use whatever is on sale, 10% solution).
  6. Apply an oil free moisturizer with alpha hydroxy acid.
  7. Use sunscreen that is oil free.

Don't pick at your blackheads or try to squeeze them out. Don't use those blackhead strips. Try not to use anything with chemicals (except for the benzoyl peroxide). They will all irritate your skin. Witch hazel and apple cider vinegar are great to freshen up during the day.

Toothpaste can make it worse. Also, be sure you have a very clean pillow case. I found that changing mine every other day helps a lot from keeping dirt off my face while I sleep. (01/31/2009)

By garbage3mail

Home Remedies for Acne

Last week I started to get a blemish also known as a cyst; the kind that feel like a black and blue bruise and cause a swelling under the skin, and are reddish color on the skin, but no "head" on it. I had heard, actually I believe I saw it on this site, that putting some anti bacterial hand cleanser on blemishes help them go away. I put it on in the morning and I swear by that evening some of the soreness and swelling had gone down and in three days it was completely gone. No scar, redness, swelling, or soreness. Usually, I try to pop them and then I get a three week healing window and a scar. Now I use it on all my blemishes.

However, I have found that if I pop the blemish first, then apply the anti bacterial hand cleanser, they take longer to heal; don't ask me why.

I had no luck with toothpaste, Maalox, Milk of Magnesia, or Clearasil. I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide and tea tree oil. Tea tree is something of a miracle anyway; I'd try tea tree if I were you. Sometimes it helps if I put some 2% salicylic cleanser directly onto the blemish; I have pretty good luck. The cleanser itself dries them out pretty well. All of the answers you received from these wonderful people are all good; see what works for you. Good luck. (03/20/2009)

By metroplex

Upper half of a woman's face with the word acne written above it
Home Remedies for Acne
A girl popping a pimple.
What Causes Acne?
Someone using an acne cleansing pad on their face.
Homemade Oxy Cleansing Pads Recipes
Woman applying acne cream to her face.
Homemade Acne Cream Recipes
Teenager Holding His Hair Up to Show Acne on Forehead
Acne Remedies
🎄