Home Remedies for Carpal Tunnel

This is a guide about home remedies for treating carpal tunnel. Carpal tunnel can be very painful and debilitating. Finding home remedies to alleviate the symptoms can very useful.

Quick Answer

Help relieve the discomfort from carpel tunnel by wearing slightly loose fitting velcro wrist braces when sleeping. There are also some dietary changes and supplements that may offer relief.

Continue reading for more advice and feel free to share remedies that have worked for you.

August 25, 2010 Flag

Is there a home remedy for carpal tunnel syndrome?

By John

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Yes there is. You will need two of the wrist bands held together with velcro. Get the kind with the metal "spoon" in them to keep them straight. Do not wear them in the daytime. Wear them at night and put them on loosely. You must be able to move your wrist a little in all directions. Sleep in them. You will see improvement almost immediately. You may have to do this for years because it comes back when you stop, but so what? I did it a long time because of a job I had. It worked.

When grabbing, grasping, holding and twisting objects make a loose fist and do not grasp things tightly or using only a few fingers. Keep salty foods down to a minimum and no pop or "fizzy" drinks, no sweetners either. Take B12 and B6 vitamins, chromium picolate and acetaminophen for keeping swelling of wrist tissues down and pain away. Wrist braces help also but soon you will not need any if you follow these instructions, I know. I used to have horrible shooting pains from my middle finger to my shoulders that woke me up at night. My fingers and hands would go numb so I could not grab or feel anything. I did all these and after a year of doing this my carpal tunnel was gone and has never come back. Good luck.

I had it 10 years ago. A nurse practitioner advised me to see a massage therapist to work on my arms. He helped me tremendously and told me about a book to guide me for self treatment. It's called "The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook Second Edition, by Clair Davies with Amber Davies. I was pain free in 8 months and when I start to feel any soreness in my arms, I go by the suggestions in the book. It's not hard to do and you can use a ball in a sock to massage, not your hands. It's helped me and several of my friends. Good luck.

You will need the wrist braces as suggested by the first poster which you mostly wear at night while sleeping. There are exercises that you can do such as touching each of your fingers to the thumb and pulling your fingers back toward the top of your wrist with your other hand, standing in a doorway and pushing against the frame with your hands. Your doctor can probably give you more exercises.

One of the best things, if you want to avoid surgery (if it's not too, too bad) is to greatly decrease typing, and repeated use of your hands.

I never found one. I did use the wrist braces and they helped but didn't cure me. I had to have surgery on both hands and I'm fine now. I strongly support getting to a doctor to see if you have nerve damage. There are tests they do on your hands. Any nerve damage is irreversible, so please be careful.

Good luck and I hope you feel better.

Health & Beauty AdviceDecember 21, 2015
Ergonomic Workspace
Making Your Workspace More Ergonomic
Remedies for Cold Sores
Remedies for Cold Sores
Dog and Vacuum
Home Remedies for Fleas
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 9:16:36 AM on 10.0.1.151 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.