Home Remedies for Fleas

I have 4 dogs ranging in size from 12 lbs. to 45 lbs. and a cat. I need a really good home remedy for fleas and a good remedy for a large yard. All of my animals have been either strays or put in my yard. I love all of them and hate to see them suffer from fleas. Going to the vet for all of them is too expensive for me right now while in college. I really need your help.

Jessica from OH

Home Remedies for Fleas

The safest product out there is Wondercide. It is safe for people and pets of all ages. You can treat your yard and house as well as your pets. The smell only lasts for about 30 min. You can get it online, or some groomers may carry it. (11/22/2008)

By goodhealthy

Home Remedies for Fleas

My basement was infested with fleas and did not know what to do and could not afford Terminix nor other pesticide companies. Here is how I got rid of these annoying critters. I simply went to the $.99 store and purchased about 10 bottle of Pine Oil. This can be found in the home cleaning sections.

I just poured the pine oil all over the floor and that was it. I did it about four times as the pine oil kills not all of them at the same time, but with 3 more applications I was able to get rid of all of them. Note my basement is concrete and not carpeted. (11/30/2008)

By Mimi

Home Remedies for Fleas

Dawn dish soap works wonders for fleas on any animal. Wash your pet with Dawn dish soap and let it sit for roughly 10 minutes. To kill fleas in areas of your house, mix dish soap with warm water in a spray bottle. Even your portions to about half soap and half water. Spray all areas. (01/10/2009)

By Ericka W.

Home Remedies for Fleas

I am a pet groomer and have been for years. Borax is the best. We groomers use it in our salons as well to control fleas. Just pour in a Carpet Fresh container and sprinkle as if you were using Carpet Fresh and that's it. I use it often along with my Carpet Fresh and I have 1 cat and 1 dog in my home. I have no fleas. Hope that is helpful. (01/27/2009)

By Melissa

Home Remdies for fleas

I have three small dogs that love to be outdoors, but unfortunately they also have a flea problem. I have tried the flea treatments that you put on their back with no effect. As a matter of fact one of them had a severe allergic reaction to it. Anyhow, I tried the Apple Cider vinegar tip and was pleasantly surprised that it works. I used half and half vinegar and water in a spray bottle and worked the solution into their coats followed up with a flea comb to get rid of the dead fleas. They really don't like the smell, but once dry the smell goes away.

I would definitely recommend this treatment to get rid of fleas. I am now trying the Borax treatment for the house. (07/05/2009)

By Donna65

Dog and Vacuum
Home Remedies for Fleas
A cat scratching itself because it has fleas.
Treating a Cat With Fleas
A wall with fleas in it.
Fleas Inside of Walls
Dog Scratching at Fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas in Your Yard
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding