Home Remedies for Gout

Does anyone have any good advice for home remedies to treat gout? My husband is having more frequent flair-ups, and has eaten more cherries than you can shake a stick at, along with watching his diet to avoid irritating foods. He has been treated in the past with steroids, but the side effects have made them an undesirable choice. We are desperately seeking some help! Thanks in advance for any advice.

BBB from Greenville, AL

Answers:

Home Remedies for Gout

BBB
Try alternating hot and cold foot baths, it worked for me. (08/20/2006)

By Alan24

Home Remedies for Gout

In our local newspaper there is a doctor that says to drink 1/2 cup of real cherry juice twice a day. Says that will work. Others have written to him singing it's praises. Good luck. (08/20/2006)

By Jean in GA

Home Remedies for Gout

Tell your husband to "stop eating the cherries" some fruits have acid that exacerbates "gout"

Editor's Note: Cherries and cherry juice are generally recommended for gout. (08/20/2006)

By judy

Home Remedies for Gout

I recently had an attack after about 20 years! I went to the internet and typed in "home remedies for gout." Believe it or not, baking soda in water about every 3-4 hours worked for me. I had to cut out ALL other sources of sodium (salt) for a couple of days - soda will cause water retention. I got relief within a few hours. Type in "baking soda remedy for gout" and see if you can find the formula. Good luck! (08/20/2006)

By ccarnow

Home Remedies for Gout

It is not a natural remedy but it really worked for me....celedrin. You can get it at health food stores or even walmart. I will never be without it again (08/28/2006)

By

Home Remedies for Gout

Try Puricell. It is all natural, and my fiance bought it off of the internet. It seems to have no side effects and with 2 pills a day, he can move again like he could in his 20's. (01/02/2007)

By Jennifer

Home Remedies for Gout

Might as well try. Can't hurt. (01/09/2007)

By Terry Chalmers

Home Remedies for Gout
Remedies for Cold Sores
Remedies for Cold Sores
Home Remedies for Carpal Tunnel
Home Remedies for Carpal Tunnel
Dog and Vacuum
Home Remedies for Fleas
🎉
🎄