Home Remedies for Gum Disease

Category Home Remedies
girl flossing
Regular brushing and flossing is your best defense to maintain dental health. This guide is about home remedies for gum disease.

Does anyone have a homemade remedy for gum disease, where the gum tears apart and the teeth are uprooted?

By Dorothy from SA

Best Answer

The advice to see a dentist is right on. This is a serious problem with potentially serious consequences. I have had good luck with using hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash. Just follow the directions on the bottle. I like to keep it in my mouth for a minute or two. Good luck.

You had better hustle over to a dentist before you lose all your teeth and develop other health problems. Forget looking for an easy cost free cure.

Try powder alum,mix 1/2 teaspoon in a cup of water,rinse mouth every time you eat or drink. I've used this many years. Get it from drug store, if they don't have any ask them to order some,get about 3 oz for about $3.00. It really helps. It's good for almost everything, cuts & etc. It not go get help, good luck.

Thumbs up on the advice from foxrun41; you don't want to mess around with gum disease.

I was one of those people so traumatized at the dentist as a kid that I put off being treated for gum disease--and ended up not only losing teeth but having a severe systemic infection that landed me in the hospital for a week on massive doses of antibiotics.

All from bad teeth and gums, nothing else.

I know dentists can be expensive, but there are clinics that have sliding payment scales and--if you're near any university that has a dental college--that's also a low-cost option.