Home Remedies for Removing Cat Urine Odor

I have a pair of suede boots that my cat peed on. I want to know if I can clean them with something to remove the odor? Thanks.

By Carol from Mayfield, KY

Answers:

Anti-Icky Poo. Just do a Google search for it. My friend had a cat that would go on her leather furniture, and the new cats don't even sniff there like there is a scent.
I just used it on a listing of mine that had a really, really bad kitty odor, and that is all gone now. Good luck. (11/30/2009)

By jahummell

A few months ago, I had a male cat spray my front door and screen. I was really angry, that smell is pretty bad. I had recently been using vinegar for things. So what I did was make the solution of 2/3rds white vinegar and 1/3rd water, then added some Dawn Simple Pleasures dish soap Apple and Pear, which smells wonderful (about 2 tsp, I think). I sprayed this all over where it was and wiped down with a wet cloth, then sprayed again and let dry. It works so well, the cats avoid my front porch and it deodorized so well and left a really nice smell behind. (11/30/2009)

By c t

I found this site when I had a similar problem. It has tips on different things for cleaning stuff. The categories are listed at bottom of the page. Tipking.Co.Uk

Hope this helps. Also, I was told that fresh orange peel repels cats, too. (11/30/2009)

By ARCHANGEL91052

I would throw them in the washer with Woolite and delicate cycle. Since they are already ruined, you sure don't have much to lose. Stuff them with newspaper to shape them for drying. You may have to use a suede brush on them when they dry. I washed an ottoman pillow yesterday that said spot clean only on the tag. It came out better than new. I never pay attention to conventional instructions and I usually take the easy way out. I haven't lost much over the years.

Sandy from /Pittsburgh (12/05/2009)

By Sandy/Pittsburgh

orange house cat
Homemade Cat Urine Cleaner Recipes
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Cleaning Toilet
Removing Urine Odor from a Bathroom
A cat sitting on a couch.
Removing Cat Urine Odor from a Couch
🎄
🍂