Home Remedies for Removing Cat Urine Odor

My kitty cat Shnookums (aka Mr.Choop and Big Spenda) has kidney failure and for some reason decided that my decorative pillow was the *perfect* place to go pee. I stripped off the pillow sham and tossed the pillow. I took the pillow sham along with my comforter to the dry cleaners (they're both dry clean only) and the woman said that most likely nothing they did would be able to get rid of the odor, but they'll try anyways.

When I get the pillow sham back what can I use on it if the odor is still there? He peed on the backside of the pillow on the plain black cotton side.

So any tips that are color-safe and don't require using a washing machine?

By Jennie from Tempe, AZ

I have used Febreze Spray. It is a bit expensive however worth the price. (11/05/2010)

By jules1960

One of the few products that works is Natures Miracle. They have a line of remedies that takes care of skunk smell, urine, and feces removal. I have used it to remove not only the smell, but the stain also. It is available at any pet store. There are copy cat (excuse the pun) brands, but they don't work as well and are a waste of money. (11/05/2010)

By jabsgram

orange house cat
Homemade Cat Urine Cleaner Recipes
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Cleaning Toilet
Removing Urine Odor from a Bathroom
A cat sitting on a couch.
Removing Cat Urine Odor from a Couch