Home Remedy For Foot Calluses

I have calluses and corns in many areas on the soles of both my feet. I am looking for a home remedy to cure me of this problem and to prevent further calluses.

Michael

Answers:

Home Remedy For Foot Callouses

I can also get callouses, but here's how I prevent them:

Do this at least once a week whenever you bathe or shower. Do it towards the end of your bath or shower when the skin on your feet is the softest, because it is saturated with water. Just take your finger nails and rake them (fairly firmly) over the bottoms and sides of your feet to scrape off the dead skin. You'll need to press fairly firmly to get down under the wet softened skin. If you have no finger nails, a butter knife will also work. You only need to do this once a week, but if you do it every time you bathe, it will be easier and more effective. I'm always amazed at how much old dead skin comes off. This may sound too easy to actually work, but it works for me and now my feet are as soft as can be with absolutely no callouses.

You can also take plain table sugar or salt and use this to scrub your feet. This will exfoliate all of that old dead skin that builds up on your feet. When I see those TV commercials for the "Ped Egg" I always think "Why don't they just use their fingernails or sugar to take off the layers of callouses when the skin is soft, wet, and saturated, instead of scraping it off when the feet are dry and the callouses are already hard?". (08/15/2008)

By Cyinda

Home Remedy For Foot Callouses

Far cheaper than the overhyped Ped Egg and far more effective than foot files, just buy a cheap 99-cent emery board at your local drug store. Works better than anything I've ever tried! (08/15/2008)

By WildIrish

Home Remedy For Foot Callouses

I like to use Flexitol Foot Balm. Follow the directions and it will slowly moisten the cracks and keep it smooth if used when needed to maintain the soft skin. Once in a while I need a boost from a good foot file (emery board for feet). Doing it while dry first, gently, then while showering when the skin is soft is helpful. I then use Flexitol Heel Balm after showering, putting on cotton socks so as not to slip with the moistened feet. You can find it at Walmart. Good luck with the healing. (08/17/2008)

By Dollparts

Home Remedy For Foot Calluses

I use Vicks for fungal infections under my toenails and just started smearing it all over my feet. It refreshes them, too, but I noticed it softened up the callouses as well. (08/19/2008)

By Joyce

Home Remedy For Foot Calluses

I use a product called "Udderly Smooth Udder Cream". I'm always amazed at how much softer my feet are in the morning after even just one application. I get it mine at WalMart, but I've also gotten it online at drugstore.com. Yes, it really is what the farmers use on their cow's udders. (08/23/2008)

By Bette

Home Remedy For Foot Calluses

I use the Ped Egg after a shower then wipe 2% salicylic acid on my feet in the form of acne pads. Coat your feet with Vaseline to keep the salicylic acid moist. Wear socks to bed and use this for four days to see an obvious difference. (12/05/2008)

By Dana

Home Remedy For Foot Calluses

Apply Dr. Miracle's Hot Grow Hair Grease. Apply to callous and feet, after bath/shower and before bed. (12/31/2008)

By Claudia

Home Remedy For Foot Calluses

Go to Wal-mart and get some Johnson's Foot Soap. This will work. I use one pack for each foot, and it makes my whole foot soft for weeks. I also use this on my elbows. It said on the box you can bathe in it. It's in an orange and white box. It's really good stuff. I have really cracked heels and this does the trick. Oh yea, and after that you might want to try putting Emu oil on it instead of lotion. (01/13/2009)

By Nee

Calluses on Feet
Home Remedies for Foot Calluses
Hands massaging a sugar scrub into feet
Strawberry Foot Exfoliant
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub, An old claw foot tub outside.
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Two bare feet.
Homemade Foot Powder
🎉
🎄