Home Remedy For Sinus Headaches

I sometimes get killer sinus headaches and I can deal with them in these ways:

I use saline solution - or you could snuffle salt water - up my nose to my sinuses. I close my nose with my fingers and gently force air in and out of my sinuses, gently massaging them (you can hear a slight noise and feel mucus down the back of your throat).

I massage the tense muscles of my head, neck and shoulders. I take a regular pain reliever for the headache. I apply heating pads to my sinuses/head and/or take a hot bath and breathe the steam. You can also use over the counter sinus meds - but they are just a pain reliever + pseudo-ephedrine or some other substitute - so you can put together your own mix - but it's speedy and keeps me awake. Also note that after repeated use decongestants have the OPPOSITE effect and further enflame your sinuses - so the manual remedies will work when all else fails!) Again - after these methods, you should feel mucus draining down the back of your throat and a lessening of pressure.

By Pam from Los Angeles

Answers:

Home Remedy For Sinus Headaches

I use the saltwater rinses also, and nothing ever worked for me before as well as this. I gargle with and snuff up the saline every morning when it is my bad sinus season and it has been much better since starting. I don't like to take sudafed, because it makes me feel yucky. The saltwater helps to pull the fluid out of the inflamed tissues. OOoohhh it's good to be able to smell things again. (09/09/2006)

By TC in MO

Home Remedy For Sinus Headaches

There is also something you can place in the shower with you and is dissolves in the hot water as you shower. It works pretty good if I catch my headache early. Also, I use Tei-Fu essential oil - I put a drop at the opening of each nostril and breath in - it's great and natural!!! (09/10/2006)

By Karen

Home Remedy For Sinus Headaches

Being one for trying to prevent rather than trying to just treat the headache or problem, I want to add the facts that these sorts of headaches can come from WHEY in milk by-products like ice creams/gravies/soups/fitness-energy bars/and plain non-organic milks and cheeses. It's seems that it's not so much these items of themselves, but rather in concert with peppers and/or accidentally getting dust and dirt into our noses/mouths/ears. Everyone should pay attention so each one can eliminate the need for medicines of any kinds wherever possible, prescriptive or over the counter. Frequent hand washing before eating, cleaning linens weekly or more often so one doesn't have to develop the sinus infection/mucous. ALSO, a pharmacist told me the saline sprays have a particular type of salt that table salt cannot reproduce. Check with him to get the right proportions/type of salt. It's not as easy I thought to prevent sinus burning from WRONG salt.

God bless you. (09/10/2006)

By lyndagayle62

Girl with sinus pain.
Home Remedies for Sinus Problems
Finding an Honest Mechanic, Mechanic Holding up Car Part in Front of Car
Finding an Honest Mechanic
Woman with a Headache
Remedies for Headaches
Smelly Hands
Remedy for Smelly Hands
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
🎄