Home Remedy for Dog Mange

I have a 13 month old dog. She is a German Shepherd/Dalmatian and she has mange. The bottom part of her back has lost its hair and she is constantly biting and itching at that area. Unfortunately right now I cannot afford a vet visit.

So I was wondering does mayonnaise cure mange and if so can someone tell me how I do it to treat my dog? Thank you.

By TEETEE from Bath, NY

Answers:

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

Hello, please take your baby to the vet. Your doctor can treat this for you. Your pet is very uncomfortable and is itching all the time. There is "not" a home remedy. I have worked for a veterinarian for over 27 years. Good luck. (10/26/2010)

By K9cats

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

Try liquid lime sulfur (for peach leaf curl). 1 tablespoon for every cup of water. Dip, soak, wet down, garden sprayer, whatever, every day starting 2 times a day for a few days. Do not get in the eyes. Do not rinse. Continue daily treatment for a month. Cut back to every other day, then 2 x a week, once a week, even though it looks like it is gone. Eliminate fleas in the house with dry borax. Please do not let your dog suffer with this terrible itch any longer. Lime sulfur will give fast relief and it is inexpensive. Do raw diet if you possibly can. Commercial foods from the grocery store are disgusting and not healthy. They contain poisons. Look it up on the internet. Write if you need. (10/26/2010)

By muttmom

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

I agree with K9 cats, please get your dog to the vet. Dependent on which type of mange it is, your dog could have immune system problems that can mean that much more than a very uncomfortable skin rash is going on there. (10/26/2010)

By PupperMom

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

Just call the vet and give them your circumstances. Ask for some feedback. Don't assume they won't help due to financial situations. If your willing to ask others opinions, go the extra step. It's OK. There are a lot of great vets out there. (11/28/2010)

By alleys4joy

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

Our dog has a non contagious mange. I can't remember the name of it, starts with the D. We were doing the dips at the vet's office for 80 every week or two. This became too expensive. We have been using Nu Stock, it is making a difference. I was told about some oral drops you can give for this (not sure what it is haven't tried it). There are collars you can buy with the same med on it that the vets use to dip them, you have to make sure none of this gets digested by any animal it will hurt them. We have changed her diet to a food I think its called NaturalSource. We got it from the feed store, their food is much better than department or even pet store brands. This is where we are with this, hopefully some of this might help. And one more comment to that one lady, dogs are not babies. Good luck to you all and thank you for being responsible pet owners. (12/10/2010)

By eyerice

Remedies for Dog Mange
Remedies for Dog Mange
Dog With Constipation
Remedies for a Dog With Constipation
Smelly Hands
Remedy for Smelly Hands
pug looking sad.
Dog With Soft Stool
🎉
🎄