Home Remedy for Dog Mange

I need a home remedy (if any) for dog mange, please. Thank you.

By Randy from Modesto, CA

Answers:

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

Try liquid lime sulphur (used for peach leaf curl). Check internet for dilution. It smells bad when wet, but is quite bearable when dry. Works like a charm on mange, even ringworm. Do not use in eyes. Diet change please. A raw diet is best. You have to eliminate all corn, wheat, and soy. I used this lime sulphur on a totally bald dog I found in Mexico. I was advised by an old fashioned vet. It worked beautifully and I had the best dog ever for many years. (06/18/2010)

By muttmom

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

This is a link for a remedy that worked on my dog. It's a solution of hydrogen peroxide and borax. http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/dog_mange_cure.html#TED (06/18/2010)

By pigeon toes

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

Please do not use any type of home remedy on your fur baby. You need to go to the veterinarian and find out which type of mange it is. Are you sure it is mange? Have you been to a vet? Your vet is the only one that can prescribe treatment for your dog. I have worked for a veterinarian for over 27 years. Good luck. A lime product can burn the skin. (06/19/2010)

By K9cats

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

I have cured mange on 4 dogs with this recipe. 1 part hydrogen peroxide (3%) to 2 parts water so peroxide is 1%. Add borax powder and stir it in. Keep adding borax til solution is saturated (powder won't dissolve anymore, a little is settled on the bottom). Soak dog in solution thoroughly, don't rinse or wipe off. I bathed the dogs twice with this and they were cured. HP is $1 at dollar store and borax is about $3.00 for a box. (07/09/2010)

By TField

Home Remedy for Dog Mange

Go to the feed and seed or farmers co-op get a 50ml bottle of 1% ivermectin, it should cost about $30-$50. The oral dose is 1cc or 1ml (they are the same) for every 35lbs every day for 2-3 months. It will clear it right up assuming its demodex. Don't use on Collies or other herding breeds. I've had great success using this formula on several of the Bull dogs I raise. This is also the same stuff used in heartguard to prevent heartworms at a 1/10cc per 10lbs dosage once a month saves a lot of money than buying name brand. Heartguard also contains pyrantel pamoate which can also be purchased at the feed store for a dollar or two a pill. There is no need to administer more than once every six months. (09/28/2010)

By treykely84

Remedies for Dog Mange
Remedies for Dog Mange
Dog With Constipation
Remedies for a Dog With Constipation
Smelly Hands
Remedy for Smelly Hands
pug looking sad.
Dog With Soft Stool
🎉
🎄