Home Remedy for Worming Dogs

Are there home remedies for worms in puppies?

By Lenard from Oklahoma City, OK

Home Remedy for Worming Dogs

Yes you can worm your puppy at home, but you need to follow some basic guidelines. Food grade diatomaceous earth can be ordered from Wolf Creek Ranch or www.bullkherbstore.com. Encapuslate and cover with butter and feed to you puppy, doing this for seven days once a month should take care of roundworms in your puppy. This WILL NOT get rid of heartworm. A good herbal formula that I recommend is Pet Parasite available from www.drscountryhealth.com.

<p>I am an herbalist and naturopathic vet in training and feed my dogs and cats something very similar that I make myself. But in order to make something like that yourself you have to know about herbs, animals, and how they interact, which is why I recommend the commercial formula. It works very well and is easier on your pet than Heart Guard.

<p>Herbs used in the wrong concentrations can kill your pet, so do your research. Black walnut tincture on its own is a good wormer also, but you must give it by weight. I would suggest putting one tsp of MSM (available in feedstores) in your dogs water everyday. MSM causes the intestinal lining to be impenetrable to worms, they can't hook on. The Pet Parasite and MSM are your best bets for preventing worms in your pet. Good luck (05/26/2010)

By tigra

Home Remedy for Worming Dogs

Please take your babies to the veterinarian for worming. Your vet can determine which worms to treat! Please bring in a fecal sample when you go in. He will dispense the proper medication that will keep them healthy. There is no "over the counter" remedy for worming. I have been a vet tech for over 27 years. (05/27/2010)

By K9cats

Home Remedy for Worming Dogs
Remedies for Static Hair
Remedies for Static Hair
Smelly Hands
Remedy for Smelly Hands
Pregnant Dog
Worming a Pregnant Dog