Home Repair Assistance for Low Income Families

I am a widow, disabled, and have low income. I need help with home repair. Can someone please tell me where I can get help with home repair for little or no cost?

Best Answer

Habitat for humanity they can help

I am on Disability and my husband disable and we are trying to raise our two teenage grandchildren of my deceased Daughter that lost in 2005. My Father passed May of 2016. We had to move in his and it need a lot of work to it.

So if there is anyway to help us please try.

Thank and God please.

Mrs Cynthia Hamilton.

Check with your local church's there are work groups in the summer that help low income ,seniors ,disabled

For free and some will even provide the materials usually they have 1 to 3 what they call work camps to teach the children compaction for ushers as well as adults working with them

That are a great gift to us all even ask the foods in your area the some times have advance notice of the wook camps

Pennie spiker york haven pa 17370

Is there one here in Mississippi Hinds County Area hubital for Humonaloty

I need a new roof very bad. I have tied to get a loan,They keep refusing me.My lanai is leeking .I have called roofing company;s that say they have in house finasing, they refuse me?what can I do,before the house leeks all over

Best Answer

You should try to get help or information on where to go through a local agency or church.

this is a good site to gather information:

https://www.usa.gov/repairing-home

The National Counseling On Aging has a free resource site:

www.BenefitsCheckUp.org

This site is a confidential and free and easy resource service to help people 55 years and older locate and apply for benefits. There are numerous financial assistance programs, both public and private, that can help struggling Seniors trying to make ends meet. The site has information on more than 2000 programs. Many are available to anyone in need who qualify, while others are available only to older adults and can help them retain their independence.

Benefit Types:

Food Assistance, Health Care, Prescription Drugs, Utility Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), low income housing, tax relief, respite care, free legal assistance and many other benefit programs are available.

To use the site, you enter basic information about the person in need-date of birth, zip code, and check boxes for what the person needs assistance with. The site generates a report instantly, listing links to the programs and services that the person may qualify for.

Some assistance programs can be applied for online while other have downloadable form to be printed and mailed, faxed or emailed in, and some require you to contact the program directly.

Benefits Enrollment Center

It is also possible to get help in person at a Benefits Enrollment Center. There are currently 36 centers in 24 states and 12 more will be added in 2016. Visit the online site for locations:

www.NCOA.org/centerforbenefits/becs

I live in Fitzgerald Ga. i,m Disabled and the doctor,s say my wife has cancer witch i know the great physician has the last say on that. But she will be put in a nursing home for a few weeks to build her body back up before she come,s home. Sense she,s been here i have spent what money i had to do what repairs i could do such as rat holes in my walls and panting and a lot of cleaning. Is there anyone that ya,ll can maybe advice me to talk with.

I am on a fixed income I am in urgent need I've been living without a toilet for a long time...months...we have to use toilet in garbage bag and throw out....also leaks from upstairs has caused mold on walls and ceiling and a hole in ceiling where water spills through over my bath tub...I have no hotwater in my kitchen so when I wash dishes I have to boil water. ...things are out of hand...because I simply cannot afford many repairs at this time....any help you can offer would be much appreciated. ...I believe on scale of 1-10....my problem is 12....I don't get around good...and having to boil pots of water is tough....and taking out the garbage. ...please help

A repair man fixing a leaky roof.
Finding Home Repair Help for Low Income Families
Home and Garden Repair HomeSeptember 19, 2016
Small house resting on stacks of coins surrounded by hands holding tools used for home repairs.
Free Home Renovation Advice
older blind woman sitting on a bench
Receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Minnesota
Finding Free or Low Cost Pet Clinics in Minnesota
A cat with an empty food dish.
Free Pet Food for Low Income Families
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 28, 2017 at 3:53:17 PM on 10.0.1.167 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.