Home Repairs for Low Income Families

I am a single mum with two boys. The situation is going to the left side for me. I do not like the way my house is leaking on us, the front porch is not fixed, the kitchen and the shower room also need repair. My children ask me questions about how we can find another house, but my only reply to them is to be patient, that things will get better one day. I am in school right now until 2020, working and taking care of my children. Is there any advice or help available from any organizations?

Borrow books on repair from the library. Treat it as a challenge, your kids might get interested and 'help'. If you can learn to do simple repairs around the house, it will always stand you in good stead, and also your boys. With the exception of electricity, not all home repairs are that difficult, and even if they are a bit amateurish-looking, all of you will have had a valuable experience in being independent.

A book that is not about repairs but about coping on a low income is 'The Tightwad Gazette' by Amy Dacyczyn. I love it; it changed my outlook completely.

The government may be able to help. So may local churches.

It would be useful to know whether you own th eproperty or are renting it.

If you are renting, surely it is the landlord's responsibility. Meanwhile, leaks can be temporarily fixed with a can of expanding foam.

Try YouTube for all kinds of tutorials. We've used it to repair several small things around the house, such as replacing an icemaker, unclogging an A/C drain, washer/dryer repair.

Do you own or rent? What country/state are you in? You need to give us more info please

I'm looking for an handyman who can help me with laying carpet at my home. If you are reasonable and are in or near Belleville So Belt West email me.

Reach out to local churches. Most of them have handyman ministries that help families like yours. They do this with joy to help give back to the community. Blessings and prayers for you.

I need help to fix up my home can some one please please help mr

Contact Frankie Davis in Townsend Ga ..phone info 912)689-8511

Hi I'm on disability I have lupus ,kidneys that don't work and fibro and separated and my roof is so bad the kitchen is bad the ceiling is falling apart dont know how I'm gonna gety roof fix leaking bad .I'm really need a roof thank you for listening

A repair man fixing a leaky roof.
Finding Home Repair Help for Low Income Families
Home and Garden Repair HomeDecember 11, 2016
Small house resting on stacks of coins surrounded by hands holding tools used for home repairs.
Free Home Renovation Advice
older blind woman sitting on a bench
Receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Minnesota
Finding Free or Low Cost Pet Clinics in Minnesota
A cat with an empty food dish.
Free Pet Food for Low Income Families
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 26, 2017 at 5:16:58 AM on 10.0.2.54 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.