Homecoming Float Ideas

There are many float design themes for this fall school occasion. This guide is about homecoming float ideas.

September 19, 2005 Flag

I would like some help thinking of class float ideas! Our school mascot is the panther and homecoming night we play the wildcats.

Jess

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I really need a good idea we want to win so please help me out :],, We are the mountain lions, and we are playing the cougars

Please help me asap

September 8, 2016 Flag

My freshman class is making a float for the homecoming game. They are the Tigers and we are the Falcons. What are some good themes, ideas, and slogans to put on the float?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 18, 2013 Flag

We are looking for ideas for are homecoming float. We are the Warriors and we are playing the Chargers.

By Jody

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Warriors and Chargers suggets a wild west theme - How about warriors "bust" the chargers, and depict a cowboy or an indian busting a bronco?

September 2, 2010 Flag

What is a good homecoming float for us Trojans that are going against Kirksville Tigers? It has to be something about Tigers.

By Angela from Troy, MO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Cage idea is good. Use chicken wire for the cage. It isn't expensive and gives the ambiance you want. My float (many years ago!) when The U was playing U of Fla. was a Miami player stuffing a football into the mouth of a gator (chicken wire and papier mache). We won first in the Homecoming parade! If a full tiger costume is out, make ears, whiskers and a tail. That would work! Have fun! Cay from FL

August 27, 2014 Flag

I need a really good idea. I'm part of the Bulldog Nation and we are going up against the Tigers. I need an idea fast?

By douglas

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

We used Taze the tigers. We tazed the tigers and made something to resemble a baby mobile above the tiger that said What do tigers dream of, when they take a little tiger snooze. with zzz's over the tigers head

September 8, 2010 Flag

We need to make a homecoming float. We are the "Storm" (red and black) and they are the Standing Rock Warriors.

By Peanut from Carson, ND

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Don't know if it's something you could do, but the 1st image that came to mind is a rocky beach with warriors lying/crouching on it with arms and/or shields raised in a futile effort to fend off huge, angry waves brought in by a terrible, angry black storm!

September 28, 2013 Flag

We are the Lions they are the Rangers. Can someone offer a suggestion for our float?

By Larissa

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A Jungle theme might do. Rangers hunting Lions.

August 2, 2006 Flag

I am in charge of our homecoming freshman float. I have no clue what to do with it! We are the panthers and we are playing the cardinals! Our topic is Dynamite. Could you help me find some ideas what to do?

Tanae from Terreton ID

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Since you are the Panthers put jungle greenery around the sides of the float.Up the back, have vines on thin poles and jungle floral beauty mixed with trees that are small. Fake dynamite will be placed at a fair distance from each other. Since your intention is to win the game, place strong wire into the end of the dynamite and push right through to the base so it is blasting about one to one and one and one half feet in the air. It will need sparkles on it to show the cardinals blasting up in the air! A beautiful win!

September 9, 2007 Flag

We are having a high school homecoming parade. Our HS SADD group would like to build a float that sends a message about not serving alcohol to minors or driving sober. Does anyone have an idea?

mking

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

See if a towing yard has a really badly wrecked car in their junk yard that you can "borrow" on your float, and then use the ghost idea?

September 6, 2007 Flag

I need some ideas for a homecoming float. The theme is Super Heroes. We are the Rebels and are playing the Spartans. Any ideas?

Phish

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

We are doing a superhero theme also. We are using Superman and our slogan is "Santa Fe Saves the Day".

September 10, 2012 Flag

Our school is the Rams and for homecoming we are playing the Holly Pond Mustangs. As a junior class we don't know what a good idea for a float would be. Any suggestions?

By Kaitlyn H.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Horses in a pen, with a sign that says "corral the mustangs". With a Ram outside the gate holding a rope.

September 4, 2012 Flag

I need a float idea for our homecoming parade. We are the Mustangs and are playing the Roadrunners. Everyone wants to do a coyote and roadrunner theme, but I feel like all the other classes will do that. Any suggestions at all would be great!

By KS

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Beat them at their own game. Have a large float sized banner of the classic roadrunner/coyote conflict with the mustang bursting through, sort of like the banner that some teams break through at the beginning of a game. The theme could be something along the line of The Real Thing - the Mustang. Of course, you use the grill from a classic Mustang car as a shield on the front of the horse, too.

September 26, 2006 Flag

I need help coming up with a theme for a school homecoming float. We are the Saints and we are going against the Wildcats. I am making a float for the homecoming parade with a bunch of juniors in my class but we need help with ideas.

Bree from Oakgrove, MN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

saints riding the wildcats out of the areana. for they are now tamed.

September 6, 2009 Flag

I am planning the senior homecoming float. The theme is American Dance. I desperately need help thinking of a way to decorate our float using some really creative ideas.

I was thinking of using hip hop for the theme, because I figured it was the most popular American dance. However, I also thought of a mix; like hip hop, country, that kind of stuff. So if any one has Ideas that would be awesome. So just like ideas for what the float would look like and what we can do as like a skit. Thanks so much.

By Volleychika144 from San Diego, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hip hop the most American dance? Ya gotta be kidding, only in the last 20 years. These are seniors. You're talking jitterbug and jive, groovy man, poodle circular skirts, Pat Boone, Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis...okay, I'm aging myself :).....sweater twins (a sleeveless knit top with a long sleeved cardigan, circular skirts with crinolins, saddle shoes, bobby socks, the kind that were striped and you could twist to look curvy.

September 14, 2006 Flag

The West Central Trojans are playing the Frontier Falcons for the homecoming game, our school colors are red and black and the theme is supposed to be "fracture the falcons". I don't have any ideas for the float. Can you help me?

Jane from Medaryville, IN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How about a float featuring a falcon lying on it's back with one or both legs in the air with cast(s) on it/them?

September 16, 2013 Flag

I am in charge of the sophomore class float, and I have no ideas at all. We are the Lions and the theme for homecoming is the Mane Attraction (like the lion's mane). I can't think of anything.

By Sam C. from Vancouver, WA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 29, 2011 Flag

We need some ideas for our homecoming parade float. We are Tigers (orange and black) and versus the Mustangs. Any good ideas?

By Hannah B.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

On the front of the float form a horse in their school colors shying back as if in fear. The horse should be staring at a large tiger posed as it to pounce. Since you are the tigers, the tiger should be mounted higher on the float and as a big as the horse. I could come up with some more gory suggestions, but as a retired teacher, I know how administrators can be, so keep it 'light'.

September 15, 2007 Flag

For our homecoming float the theme is "Of One Body" and I have no ideas. Does anyone else have a creative idea? Please Help!

Ashley from Jefferson City, TN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You could create a chain of large "paper doll" figures, holding hands, in a circle. On the paper dolls, use pictures from a yearbook, or recent school activities that represent the ways that the students have come together to reach common goals. Examples could include organizing charity events, volunteering in the community, Special Olympics, sports, band, etc.

Does your school have a mission statement? Find ways to represent your "one student body" achieving the elements of the mission statement.

This is also a way to call attention to the cultural diversity of your student body. You could create symbols, like building blocks, that represent each cultural background, all coming together to build something great for the future. Good luck!

September 11, 2007 Flag

I need ideas for a high school homecoming float. Our theme is "Simply Irresistible" and our mascot is the Comets and we are playing the Wildcats. Any ideas would really be appreciated!

Thanks :)
Raine from NC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Didnt Robert Palmer have a hit song by that name? The back up dancers wore black and heavy black makeup. You might be able to access the video through the internet if you should choose to use this for your inspriation. I think you'd need to play the music to go with the dancers.

The other idea I have uses irresistible foods like ice cream sodas and cupcakes.

Best of luck

September 27, 2006 Flag

Our school does homecoming floats every year that "put down" the other team such as "grill the gators". We are the wildcats and this year we are playing the cowboys. If you could give me any ideas that would be great. Our school colors are navy blue and white and the other team's colors are blue and silver. any ideas and/or slogans.

Thanks,
Jennifer from Tampa, FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How about "claw the cowboys" or "pounce the cowboys"? Those are the first two things that popped in my head. Then of course you have the wildcat attacking the cowboy. he has a ripped (clawed) shirt, hat torn up, etc.

Hope this helps

September 8, 2010 Flag

I am looking for themes for a homecoming float for preschoolers. It will be the Rams vs. Wildcats. Any ideas will be appreciated.

By Cristi

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Being they are preschoolers,why not use baby lambs and kitten theme. Use a real lamb and kitten,or if someone is a good artist,you could paint them in a cartoon form and cut them out instead of using real animals.

September 3, 2010 Flag

I'm in charge of the freshman float this year for homecoming. I don't have any ideas. Please help! We're the Tigers playing the Montezuma Braves.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Load More
Holidays and Parties Parties Outdoor Parade Float IdeasSeptember 9, 2012
3 girls at a homecoming dance.
Homecoming Dance Ideas
Three girls dressed up at a homecoming dance.
Homecoming Hairstyle and Makeup Ideas
Homecoming Decorations
Homecoming Decoration Ideas
Blue Parade Float Skirt
Parade Float Ideas
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 16, 2017 at 3:26:18 PM on 10.0.1.179 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.