Homecoming Float Ideas

There are many float design themes for this fall school occasion. This guide is about homecoming float ideas.

September 8, 2016 Flag

My freshman class is making a float for the homecoming game. They are the Tigers and we are the Falcons. What are some good themes, ideas, and slogans to put on the float?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 19, 2005 Flag

I would like some help thinking of class float ideas! Our school mascot is the panther and homecoming night we play the wildcats.

Jess

I really need a good idea we want to win so please help me out :],, We are the mountain lions, and we are playing the cougars

Please help me asap

September 18, 2013 Flag

We are looking for ideas for are homecoming float. We are the Warriors and we are playing the Chargers.

By Jody

Warriors and Chargers suggets a wild west theme - How about warriors "bust" the chargers, and depict a cowboy or an indian busting a bronco?

September 2, 2010 Flag

What is a good homecoming float for us Trojans that are going against Kirksville Tigers? It has to be something about Tigers.

By Angela from Troy, MO

Cage idea is good. Use chicken wire for the cage. It isn't expensive and gives the ambiance you want. My float (many years ago!) when The U was playing U of Fla. was a Miami player stuffing a football into the mouth of a gator (chicken wire and papier mache). We won first in the Homecoming parade! If a full tiger costume is out, make ears, whiskers and a tail. That would work! Have fun! Cay from FL

August 27, 2014 Flag

I need a really good idea. I'm part of the Bulldog Nation and we are going up against the Tigers. I need an idea fast?

By douglas

We used Taze the tigers. We tazed the tigers and made something to resemble a baby mobile above the tiger that said What do tigers dream of, when they take a little tiger snooze. with zzz's over the tigers head

September 8, 2010 Flag

We need to make a homecoming float. We are the "Storm" (red and black) and they are the Standing Rock Warriors.

By Peanut from Carson, ND

Don't know if it's something you could do, but the 1st image that came to mind is a rocky beach with warriors lying/crouching on it with arms and/or shields raised in a futile effort to fend off huge, angry waves brought in by a terrible, angry black storm!

September 28, 2013 Flag

We are the Lions they are the Rangers. Can someone offer a suggestion for our float?

By Larissa

A Jungle theme might do. Rangers hunting Lions.

August 2, 2006 Flag

I am in charge of our homecoming freshman float. I have no clue what to do with it! We are the panthers and we are playing the cardinals! Our topic is Dynamite. Could you help me find some ideas what to do?

Tanae from Terreton ID

Since you are the Panthers put jungle greenery around the sides of the float.Up the back, have vines on thin poles and jungle floral beauty mixed with trees that are small. Fake dynamite will be placed at a fair distance from each other. Since your intention is to win the game, place strong wire into the end of the dynamite and push right through to the base so it is blasting about one to one and one and one half feet in the air. It will need sparkles on it to show the cardinals blasting up in the air! A beautiful win!

September 9, 2007 Flag

We are having a high school homecoming parade. Our HS SADD group would like to build a float that sends a message about not serving alcohol to minors or driving sober. Does anyone have an idea?

mking

See if a towing yard has a really badly wrecked car in their junk yard that you can "borrow" on your float, and then use the ghost idea?

September 6, 2007 Flag

I need some ideas for a homecoming float. The theme is Super Heroes. We are the Rebels and are playing the Spartans. Any ideas?

Phish

We are doing a superhero theme also. We are using Superman and our slogan is "Santa Fe Saves the Day".

September 10, 2012 Flag

Our school is the Rams and for homecoming we are playing the Holly Pond Mustangs. As a junior class we don't know what a good idea for a float would be. Any suggestions?

By Kaitlyn H.

Horses in a pen, with a sign that says "corral the mustangs". With a Ram outside the gate holding a rope.

September 4, 2012 Flag

I need a float idea for our homecoming parade. We are the Mustangs and are playing the Roadrunners. Everyone wants to do a coyote and roadrunner theme, but I feel like all the other classes will do that. Any suggestions at all would be great!

By KS

Beat them at their own game. Have a large float sized banner of the classic roadrunner/coyote conflict with the mustang bursting through, sort of like the banner that some teams break through at the beginning of a game. The theme could be something along the line of The Real Thing - the Mustang. Of course, you use the grill from a classic Mustang car as a shield on the front of the horse, too.

September 6, 2009 Flag

I am planning the senior homecoming float. The theme is American Dance. I desperately need help thinking of a way to decorate our float using some really creative ideas.

I was thinking of using hip hop for the theme, because I figured it was the most popular American dance. However, I also thought of a mix; like hip hop, country, that kind of stuff. So if any one has Ideas that would be awesome. So just like ideas for what the float would look like and what we can do as like a skit. Thanks so much.

By Volleychika144 from San Diego, CA

Hip hop the most American dance? Ya gotta be kidding, only in the last 20 years. These are seniors. You're talking jitterbug and jive, groovy man, poodle circular skirts, Pat Boone, Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis...okay, I'm aging myself :).....sweater twins (a sleeveless knit top with a long sleeved cardigan, circular skirts with crinolins, saddle shoes, bobby socks, the kind that were striped and you could twist to look curvy.

Load More
Holidays and Parties Parties Outdoor Parade Float IdeasSeptember 9, 2012
3 girls at a homecoming dance.
Homecoming Dance Ideas
Three girls dressed up at a homecoming dance.
Homecoming Hairstyle and Makeup Ideas
Homecoming Decorations
Homecoming Decoration Ideas
Blue Parade Float Skirt
Parade Float Ideas
🎄