Homemade Aloe Vera Juice

I am brand new to aloe vera juice and have found it very beneficial. For best results it must be taken everyday. To avoid on going costs I have juiced up 2 large leaves from my pot. I juiced the whole leaf along with water and lemon juice. It tastes terrible, other than causing diarrhea, what are the risks of eating the outside of the leaf as well as the gel?

Leigh from Perth, WA

Homemade Aloe Vera Juice

If the aloe plant you have is the soft semi-succulent you use it on burns, etc. Don't eat it. The large thick leaved kind with stickers on the leaves are edible, but only the opaque center under the green of the leaves.

There is one that has a round leaf with stickers or thorn type on the leaves, but the thorn is really short, all of this is very bitter and will produce stomach problems.

Freezing is good with the right plant. You can grow them in pots and pot off the babies or if you are in zone 8 they thrive in sandy areas really well with some mulch. (02/27/2009)

By fuzzytufts

Homemade Aloe Vera Juice
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
An aloe plant in a pot.
Growing Aloe
Woman Using Aloe Vera
Uses for Aloe Vera
green and purple Vera Bradley purse
Cleaning a Vera Bradley Bag