Homemade Aloe Vera Juice

Do you have a recipe for aloe vera juice for diabetics? I have a lot of plants, and I would like to make this juice. Thanks. Mary

Mary G.

Homemade Aloe Vera Juice

I have just come from my health food shop where they sell aloe vera leaves and plants for making the juice. I have lots in my garden so I want to use them, but get the right advice.

The advice is to take a 5-10 cm leaf and let the brown juice drip out of it for 3 days (this is the laxative part that causes diarrhea). Next slit it in half and keeping away from the leaf scoop out the gel. Mix the gel with lemon juice and whisk in a food processor. Then drink or store as ice cubes for use later.

I haven't drunk it yet as I am waiting for the 3 days to be up. Will keep everyone posted. Meanwhile I looked at other sites and it seems the brown liquid or aloin from the aloe leaf must be removed, as it has extreme laxative effects. (09/17/2009)

By minaret

Homemade Aloe Vera Juice
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
An aloe plant in a pot.
Growing Aloe
Woman Using Aloe Vera
Uses for Aloe Vera
green and purple Vera Bradley purse
Cleaning a Vera Bradley Bag