Homemade Bathroom Cleaner

I am looking for a homemade cleaner for the toilet and the shower, basically a bathroom cleaner.

Jamish from Ransom, KS

Answers:

Homemade Bathroom Cleaner

Look for this book: Everyday Cheapskate's Greatest Tips by Mary Hunt.

She has lots of "recipes" for cleaning solutions for every part of the house.
Maybe you can find the book at your local library. I have used several ideas from this book and check out Hints from Heloise, she has alot of great ideas too. (06/27/2006)

By mobo

Homemade Bathroom Cleaner

I use plain old peroxide for a great bathroom cleaner. I get the big bottle and pour it into a spray bottle. It's great for those nasty hinges on a toilet seat and around the base of the toilet (I have linoleum). For stubborn mineral deposits plain white vinegar in a spray bottle works wonders. Let it set a minute, then use a scrubby to wipe it down. The smell dissipates quickly. A great glass cleaner is equal parts white vinegar and alcohol in a spray bottle. It smells bad, but works like a charm and the smell doesn't last long. Using plain alcohol in a spray bottle works on glass, too. Baking soda makes a wonderful "cleanser" powder without worrying about bleaching if it is spilled. Speaking of bleach, one tablespoon of bleach in a spray bottle of water will disinfect any surface, just remember it also bleaches out color. It will also lose its ability to disinfect over night so it will need to be made fresh each day its used. Good luck. (06/27/2006)

By Carla

Homemade Bathroom Cleaner

I actually use a homemade cleaner with disinfectant properties for my toilets, mirror, and cupboard area. It is very easy to make and smells wonderful. All you need is a new empty spray bottle, water, a few drops of castile soap, and tea tree and lavender essential oils. The full instructions are available at openeyehealth.com (01/19/2009)

By openeyehealth

Homemade Bathroom Cleaner

Baking soda is very nice to clean bathroom or just about anything. Vinegar is also a good thing to use. Just wet a cloth with it, use some elbow grease, old saying, good luck. (04/11/2009)

By kffrmw88

Gloved hand holding a spray bottle.
Homemade Bathroom Cleaner Recipes
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe
🎉
🎄