Homemade Bird Toys

I want to find how I can make my own bird toys and to make the Happy Hut. I am a senior and can't afford to buy new ones. Thanks.

Marcia from Spokane, WA

Answers:

Homemade Bird Toys

I made some bird toys with large wooden beads and bells and twine. My bird loves them! (01/13/2009)

By Karen

Homemade Bird Toys

Hi Marcia -- I have never had birds and wouldn't know the first thing about making toys for them, so sorry in advance if this advice isn't practical.

Is that picture above an example of what the Happy Hut looks like? If so, to me it looks just like one of those natural loofahs you can buy at the store. Like those round, hollow ones (not the mesh ones). I suppose you could find one of those at a dollar store or for a few dollars at Walmart. I'm not sure if that would be ok for birds...but those loofahs are natural sea sponges.

Anyway, the top you could attach to the cage with carabiners (that's what they look like in the picture). That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw this picture. Good luck! (01/16/2009)

By khilde80

Homemade Bird Toys

Oh, you know what else I thought of as I looked at this picture? It looks like one of those car washing mitts. I bet you could get one of those and cut off the edges so it's accessible from both ends. I'm not sure if that would work or how frugally you could get one...but I thought I'd mention in case. (01/16/2009)

By khilde80

Homemade Bird Toys

Fleece. (its safest fabric for birds & wont catch toes as easily as other fabrics). Cardboard for the bottom to be sturdy.
hot glue gun *use outside
stainless steel or nickle plated toy hangers
(zinc is TOXIC)
if you don't have toy hangers use Sisal or Hemp to hang it.

resource: birdboard.com DIY section
(01/28/2009)

By Guest

Homemade Bird Toys
Homemade Baby Toys
Homemade Baby Toys
Dog Pulling on Rope and Tennis Ball Toy
Homemade Dog Toys
Toddler with ball.
Inexpensive Toddler Toys
kitten playing
Homemade Cat Toys
🎉
🎄