Homemade Body Mist

Does anyone have a formula for making an inexpensive fragranced "body mist", that is "light"? I don't like to use lotion in the summer as it seems so heavy and body mists from stores are very expensive. Thanks and God Bless.

By GrannyGoff from Concord, NC

Homemade Body Mist

I used to make a lot of bath and body products myself. Here's what you can do. Get a spray bottle and fill it with water. Add a drop of an essential oil in a scent you like. Shake and spritz on. Just make sure you shake it up each time you want to use it so the oil disperses, and remember that the essential oil scents are pretty strong so you don't need much. If you add too much it can be irritating to your skin. Then you can create your custom scent. (06/11/2009)

By susanberkley

Homemade Body Mist

Gentle Rain Body Mist

• 2 cups distilled water
  • 3 tablespoons vodka
  • 5 drops sandalwood essential oil
  • 10 drops bergamont essential oil
  • 10 drops cassis essential oil

Mix all the ingredients together in a pretty spray bottle; shake well. Allow to settle for at least 12 hours. Store in a cool, dry place. I got this from recipegoldmine.com for homemade beauty, household, etc. recipes. This website can't be beat. (06/11/2009)

By micksgirl

Homemade Body Mist
Body Glitter
Making Homemade Body Glitter
Homemade Body Products
Homemade Body Products
Growing Love-In-A-Mist
Hair Spray Nozzle
Unclogging Hair Spray Nozzle