Homemade Body Scrub Recipes

Outstanding exfoliates don't have to be expensive when formulated at home. This guide is about homemade body scrubs.

December 28, 2006 Flag

Body wraps are a good way to release stress and toxins from the body. They can cost upwards of $300.00 for a good professional wrap. But, I am here to tell you that you can save lots of money doing it yourself.

Homemade Body Scrubs and Wraps

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 9, 2014 Flag

Do you suffer with dry skin, and lotion itself isn't doing the trick? I do and I can't afford to spend lots of $$ on scrubs that come in tiny containers. I recently found a body scrub online that's made from coffee and oils that I wanted to try, but the price is upwards of $30 a bag! I decided to take matters into my own hands and make my own.

I've been mixing my used coffee grounds, I like fine ground for consistency, and brown sugar together. It is the best scrub I've ever used! You can also mix in coconut oil, olive oil or whatever you have on hand. I follow up with my favorite lotion after I scrub in the shower or bath. It's a bit messy, but so worth it! I recommend refrigerating any leftovers and using the mixture within a week or so.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

July 24, 2009 Flag

Sadly, I was feeling a little down this week, partially due to this horrible cold/wet summer we've been having. Clearly, it was time for me to do something for myself that wasn't going to cost me a fortune. (I know some people shop or drink a lot when feeling down and that costs money!) I was browsing spa menus online and came across a coconut body scrub that cost $90 at the Spa. I thought to myself "Ok, I can do this myself for pennies!"

Granted, my bathroom doesn't look like a fancy schmancy spa but I tried my best to make it look that way. I lit a beeswax candle! I prepared the following concoctions in my kitchen, which are very easy to do:

Coconut Body Scrub

• 1 cup sea salt (regular will do if that's all you have)
  • 1 Tbsp organic coconut oil (this can be substituted for any oil or even butter (like shea)
  • Enough coconut milk to make the salts a little wet.

I didn't measure the coconut milk but poured a couple of tablespoons or so into the mix. You'll get a nice wet-ish consistency. Set aside.

Coconut Clay Body Mask

• 1 cup kaolin clay (this is the best for sensitive skin but you can use green clay too)
  • 1 tsp. glycerin
  • Enough coconut milk to make a nice thick paste.

Preparation:

Bring both bowls into your bathroom. Since my bathroom is cold (weather isn't good right now), I brought in a small heater to heat it. Make sure the bathroom is really warm before you start. Stand in your tub and wet your body. Turn the shower off, then use the scrub on your body using a circular motion, avoiding cuts/scrapes or freshly shaved areas. Do not use this on your face. Rinse, then pat dry.

Spread the clay mask all over your body. This can be used on your face but I didn't do that. Sit in your dry tub for about 20 minutes until the mask starts to dry. I found that the parts where I was sitting, the mask didn't dry as well. If you have someone who can help, wrap yourself in a dollar-store clear shower curtain, then with warm towels and lay down. I just sat in the tub as is.

Rinse the mask off, then pat dry. Apply a nice lotion. I used some self tanning lotion that I had bought at the dollarstore. It has a nice coconut smell and was perfect for this coconut spa theme!

After everything was finished, Put on my cozy pants and tank and made myself a nice cup of herbal tea.

Source: Posting from my own blog:

By freya1970 from Halifax, NS

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

November 27, 2007 Flag

This is the easiest scrub recipe around and probably the best. I've made lots of different scrubs and tested many recipes but always come back to the basic one because it works best. Makes incredible gifts!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 13, 2014 Flag

Be it for winter dry skin, sunburn or a rash, I rely on this concoction to give me hours of relief from intensely itchy skin. I grind oatmeal and dried rosemary leaves and store in a large mason jar until the time I need it.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 9, 2010 Flag

Pour 1/4 cup table salt in a bowl and add enough body wash or shampoo to make a paste. Use as a foot and body scrub. Don't use this on your face, as the salt is too harsh.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 20, 2012 Flag

Make a medium soft paste with baking soda and any carrier oil of your choice, for example: olive oil, coconut, almond, or grapeseed. Apply with a washcloth or loofa pad. Your skin will be amazingly soft. Stand on a hand towel or bathmat because it can be slippery.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 20, 2012 Flag

Make a paste of baking soda and any oil (I prefer grapeseed oil). Apply to wet skin using a washcloth or loofa pad. The baking soda exfoliates and the oil moisturizes. Be sure to standing on a bathmat or hand towel because it can get slippery.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 27, 2010 Flag

Instead of spending additional money for a foot scrub, use your body scrub with your foot pumice stone or block. This way you get two for one and don't add additional clutter in the shower.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 21, 2010 Flag

Using all those sticky or expensive ingredients for a facial scrub or body stimulator are unnecessary. No need to make special purchases of sea salt, honey, sugar and/or olive oil to do the best job. Trust yourself!

Sit in a warm tub with two cups white distilled vinegar and two cups Epsom salts to soften and cleanse your body without drying or chemical bubble baths, soaps, or artificial additives. While you are unwinding, your whole body is softening and relaxing, naturally. Pour a small bit of Morton's salt into your palms, rub hands together, and then rub them ever-so-gently over your face, hands, legs, arms, feet, and so on.

When you do this, you will sense how much pressure to use on different parts of yourself and will lighten up or apply more pressure, or add more salt to get the softening effect or stimulation results you desire. Afterward, rinse and dry and feel your skin. See how soft?

By Aunt Bonnie from Denver, CO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 27, 2007 Flag

I read somewhere that one could use Auzki beans (ground up?) for a body scrub. Does anyone know how?

Barbara from Michigan

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

http://macro808 … n-face-lift.html

Spelled Azuki

November 21, 2010 Flag

Are there any soapers out there who make their own body scrubs? Will you share your recipes? Thanks.

Sabrina from Council, NC

Answers:

Recipes For Body Scrub

This can be one of the most inexpensive things you give yourself as a TREAT! I love that you brought this up! I haven't done this myself but it is easy.If you have no sensitivity to regular dollar or so bottles of bath bubbles get one in your choice of scents and pour into an unbreakable cup to take into the bathroom with you. Add a handful of:

• raw oatmeal
  • coffee grounds
  • epson salts
  • sugar
or any other items you wish or a combination of any or all.

You just need to add enough bath bubbles to cover this to make into a thick gloppy paste. Do all this as your water in the bathtub runs.

Another inexpensive treat is to buy a can of coconut milk and add about a tablespoon of it + Tbsp of honey and slather this warmed mixture all over while the tub runs water this is allowed to soak in.Dont worry it rinses off easily

Cap the milk for the fridge til next time or use in coffee.

I have looked a several easy recipies online and they tell you items to mix. Google: home made beauty recipes or similar (08/05/2008)

By melody_yesterday

Recipes For Body Scrub

My adult daughter and I just keep a plastic container full of plain Sugar in the shower area to use to exfoliate with. It's not only super-cheap, but it works wonderfully and doesn't leave the shower slippery and dangerous! (08/05/2008)

By Cyinda

Recipes For Body Scrub

Ditto on the granulated sugar! I just lather up my favorite soap and dump about a tablespoon or two of sugar into my hand with the lather. It makes a wonderful scrub, plus you're not putting all the "gunk" from oatmeal or coffee grounds or whatever all over your shower or tub and possibly clogging up your drain. That's why I love the sugar. It just dissolves and disappears after doing the job! (08/05/2008)

By Grandma Margie

Recipes For Body Scrub

My son and I made a wonderful hand scrub for his school's trade fair. The teachers were all fighting for it! In a small jar, combine equal parts Crisco shortening and sugar. Then add a few drops of fragrance oil (we used vanilla found in the potpourri section of Wal-Mart) and stir to combine. To use, rub a tablespoon or so onto dry hands (or anywhere else). Rinse hands with warm water and dry with a paper towel. Everyone loved it so much that we put some in a little basket with a hand towel for teacher gifts at the end of the year. (08/06/2008)

By mom 3

Recipes For Body Scrub

Salt is wonderful to scrub your dry skin with.It not only relieves dry skin but is healing at the same time. (08/06/2008)

By DEBRA

Recipes For Body Scrub

I exfoliate with equal parts virgin olive oil and sugar. The former posters are right, sugar is a great scrubber and the oil makes your skin soft. (08/07/2008)

By Poor But Proud

Recipes For Body Scrub

My daughter is a message therapist and she uses 1/2 Epsom salts and1/2 regular salt, mixed with oils like olive oil, almond oil any kind of pure oil and a drop or two of your favorite essential oil, if you don't have essential oil you can use real lemon's, couple of squeezes. (08/12/2010)

By drrodgers

Recipes For Body Scrub

Don't use baby oil, it contains petroleum and will dry your skin rather than soften it. Use olive, almond, even vegetable or canola with salt or sugar. I like epsom salts. (08/12/2010)

By drrodgers

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes SkinOctober 28, 2012
Homemade powered scrub brush.
Making a Powered Scrub Brush
Homemade Hand Scrub
Homemade Hand Scrub Recipes
Salt and Herbs in Wooden Bowls
Homemade Facial Scrubs
A sugar scrub with sugar near it.
Homemade Sugar Scrub Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:05:55 AM on 10.0.0.148 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.