Homemade Body Scrub Recipes

Category Skin
Homemade Body Scrub
Outstanding exfoliates don't have to be expensive when formulated at home. This guide is about homemade body scrubs.

This is the easiest scrub recipe around and probably the best. I've made lots of different scrubs and tested many recipes but always come back to the basic one because it works best. Makes incredible gifts!

Place everything in a bowl and stir well. Store in glass jars (recycled baby food jars, caning jars, spice jars...) You can use a few drops of food colouring but I like to keep it natural looking!

Ideas:

Source: This is my own recipe, as are the EO blends :)

By Lisa from Halifax, NS

Pour 1/4 cup table salt in a bowl and add enough body wash or shampoo to make a paste. Use as a foot and body scrub. Don't use this on your face, as the salt is too harsh. For a facial scrub, substitute sugar for the table salt.

Source: my grandmother

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Make a medium soft paste with baking soda and any carrier oil of your choice, for example: olive oil, coconut, almond, or grapeseed. Apply with a washcloth or loofa pad. Your skin will be amazingly soft. Stand on a hand towel or bathmat because it can be slippery.

Source: Myself, because commercial salt and sugar scrubs are expensive

By Christi from TX

Make a paste of baking soda and any oil (I prefer grapeseed oil). Apply to wet skin using a washcloth or loofa pad. The baking soda exfoliates and the oil moisturizes. Be sure to standing on a bathmat or hand towel because it can get slippery.

By Christi from TX

Instead of spending additional money for a foot scrub, use your body scrub with your foot pumice stone or block. This way you get two for one and don't add additional clutter in the shower. It worked like a charm and ever so smooth heels! Highly recommend as I think that is all the foot pumice products are with a splash of peppermint for soothing purposes.

By SnoopyMax from Cary, NC

This page contains recipes for homemade sugar scrubs. Sugar works as a great base for an exfoliator. Exfoliation is an important step to keeping your skin looking young and vibrant.

A sugar scrub with sugar near it.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Using all those sticky or expensive ingredients for a facial scrub or body stimulator are unnecessary. No need to make special purchases of sea salt, honey, sugar and/or olive oil to do the best job. Trust yourself!

Sit in a warm tub with two cups white distilled vinegar and two cups Epsom salts to soften and cleanse your body without drying or chemical bubble baths, soaps, or artificial additives. While you are unwinding, your whole body is softening and relaxing, naturally. Pour a small bit of Morton's salt into your palms, rub hands together, and then rub them ever-so-gently over your face, hands, legs, arms, feet, and so on.

When you do this, you will sense how much pressure to use on different parts of yourself and will lighten up or apply more pressure, or add more salt to get the softening effect or stimulation results you desire. Afterward, rinse and dry and feel your skin. See how soft?

By Aunt Bonnie from Denver, CO

Answer Was this helpful? 3

I read somewhere that one could use Auzki beans (ground up?) for a body scrub. Does anyone know how?

Barbara from Michigan

http://macro808  n-face-lift.html

Spelled Azuki

Are there any soapers out there who make their own body scrubs? Will you share your recipes? Thanks.

Sabrina from Council, NC

Answers:

Recipes For Body Scrub

This can be one of the most inexpensive things you give yourself as a TREAT! I love that you brought this up! I haven't done this myself but it is easy.If you have no sensitivity to regular dollar or so bottles of bath bubbles get one in your choice of scents and pour into an unbreakable cup to take into the bathroom with you. Add a handful of:

• raw oatmeal
  • coffee grounds
  • epson salts
  • sugar
or any other items you wish or a combination of any or all.

You just need to add enough bath bubbles to cover this to make into a thick gloppy paste. Do all this as your water in the bathtub runs.

Another inexpensive treat is to buy a can of coconut milk and add about a tablespoon of it + Tbsp of honey and slather this warmed mixture all over while the tub runs water this is allowed to soak in.Dont worry it rinses off easily

Cap the milk for the fridge til next time or use in coffee.

I have looked a several easy recipies online and they tell you items to mix. Google: home made beauty recipes or similar (08/05/2008)

By melody_yesterday

Recipes For Body Scrub

My adult daughter and I just keep a plastic container full of plain Sugar in the shower area to use to exfoliate with. It's not only super-cheap, but it works wonderfully and doesn't leave the shower slippery and dangerous! (08/05/2008)

By Cyinda

Recipes For Body Scrub

Ditto on the granulated sugar! I just lather up my favorite soap and dump about a tablespoon or two of sugar into my hand with the lather. It makes a wonderful scrub, plus you're not putting all the "gunk" from oatmeal or coffee grounds or whatever all over your shower or tub and possibly clogging up your drain. That's why I love the sugar. It just dissolves and disappears after doing the job! (08/05/2008)

By Grandma Margie

Recipes For Body Scrub

My son and I made a wonderful hand scrub for his school's trade fair. The teachers were all fighting for it! In a small jar, combine equal parts Crisco shortening and sugar. Then add a few drops of fragrance oil (we used vanilla found in the potpourri section of Wal-Mart) and stir to combine. To use, rub a tablespoon or so onto dry hands (or anywhere else). Rinse hands with warm water and dry with a paper towel. Everyone loved it so much that we put some in a little basket with a hand towel for teacher gifts at the end of the year. (08/06/2008)

By mom 3

Recipes For Body Scrub

Salt is wonderful to scrub your dry skin with.It not only relieves dry skin but is healing at the same time. (08/06/2008)

By DEBRA

Recipes For Body Scrub

I exfoliate with equal parts virgin olive oil and sugar. The former posters are right, sugar is a great scrubber and the oil makes your skin soft. (08/07/2008)

By Poor But Proud

Recipes For Body Scrub

My daughter is a message therapist and she uses 1/2 Epsom salts and1/2 regular salt, mixed with oils like olive oil, almond oil any kind of pure oil and a drop or two of your favorite essential oil, if you don't have essential oil you can use real lemon's, couple of squeezes. (08/12/2010)

By drrodgers

Recipes For Body Scrub

Don't use baby oil, it contains petroleum and will dry your skin rather than soften it. Use olive, almond, even vegetable or canola with salt or sugar. I like epsom salts. (08/12/2010)

By drrodgers