Homemade Bread is Crumbly

It's my first time at baking bread and it is crumbly, is that good? If not, what am I doing wrong?

By vgsm from BKK, Thailand

Answers:

Homemade Bread is Crumbly

I agree with Molly539. How much fat is in the recipe? Is it whole grain or white? One trick we have learned is to soak the first couple of cups of whole wheat flour in two cups of yogurt for about 12 hours, then proceed with the recipe. You could also use 2 cups of milk with 2 tablespoons of whey added. Good luck! (06/02/2009)

By coreenhart

Homemade Bread is Crumbly

Your bread may not have enough gluten in it. Is it all-purpose or regular flour from the store or is is bread flour (says for bread or strong flour). I know there is long white french bread there. Ask them where they get their flour. Another suggestion is that you look for wheat gluten and add it (1T to 1C) to the flour mix. This will strengthen the bread so it won't crumble so much. I also would like to see the recipe that you are using. (06/03/2009)

By tennesue

Homemade Bread is Crumbly
Shortbread cookies.
Gluten Free Shortbread Recipes
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
🎉
🎄