Vote for this contest contender!
Caramel is so good that it can be paired with anything. Put it in your ice cream, cookies, bread or even your coffee or chocolate drink. This recipe will make either a chewy or hard candy caramel.
- 1/2 cup (stick) butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a saucepan melt together butter and sugar over medium heat.
- Stir until both ingredients has fully melted.
- Remove from heat. Carefully pour the heavy cream and vanilla extract. Just pour it little by little and do not stop stirring as it hardens fast.
- You'll know it's done when mixture coats the back of your spoon.
- If you want a saucy consistency adjust to low heat and remove immediately from stove as soon as sugar has fully melted. If you want it chewy or hard as candy you can add a little more time stirring it over the heat.
Related Content(article continues below)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 21, 2017 at 10:42:33 AM on 10.0.2.237 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us