Homemade Carpet Shampoo

What's a good do-it-yourself carpet cleaner using at-home products? I don't want to use chemicals. Thanks.

By Peta

Answers:

Homemade Carpet Shampoo

Tips and Warnings:

Don't douse a small area with foam, try to spread it evenly in order to cover more area.
Always test a small inconspicuous area of your carpet with this or any carpet cleaner/shampoo in order to make sure it won't mess up the color of your carpet.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4719411_own-carpet-shampoo.html (10/26/2010)

By MCW

Homemade Carpet Shampoo

The guy from the place I bought my carpets told me to use white vinegar and water half and half and a scrubbing brush. You may have to go down on your knees and scrub them, but I have been using this method for many years, even on expensive Persian carpets with no problems. I leave them outside to dry in the sun, you would have to do this in the summer, I assume, and the smell disappears plus my carpets are clean and deodorised. This would only work with small and medium sized carpets. (10/29/2010)

By cett

Homemade Carpet Shampoo Recipes
Homemade Carpet Shampoo Recipes
Pouring Shampoo
Uses for Shampoo
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
A dog after a bath.
Homemade Dog Shampoo Recipes
🎄