Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Homemade Cat Urine Cleaner Recipes

0 0EmailFollow
orange house cat

When your kitty has an accident you can make a homemade cleaner for removing the urine odor. This is a guide about homemade cat urine cleaner recipes.

Solutions: Homemade Cat Urine Cleaner Recipes

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Use Vinegar to Break Down Cat Urine

I heard this on Martha Stewart and thought it was worth passing on to all cat lovers. Vinegar destroys cat odors. The enzymes in vinegar breaks down the cat urine. It works really well. I put approximately 1/4 cup vinegar in a spray bottle. Where ever I think they sprayed, I mist it. Vinegar smell dissipates quickly, and no more cat smell! I have used both white and cider vinegar.

Put vinegar in laundry to do the same thing. Sweetens smelly cloths with stubborn odors (e.g., body odor, pet smells, socks) and you can spray tennis shoes and dry in the sun, for foot odors or athletes foot fungus. Keep vinegar in the cupboard at all times. It's a life saver.

Source: Martha Stewart

By Flintmoonwitch from Flint, MI

Editor's Note: Be sure to test a small area first before using new cleaning recipes to avoid unexpected results.

Tip: Cleaning Up Cat Urine and Its "Aroma"

I am stymied by all the requests for "help" in eradicating cat urine stains and their "aroma". As any loyal ThriftyFun reader should know by the number of times this solution has appeared, the "only" that works is straight white vinegar in a spray bottle!

I've had occasion to use this many times and, believe me, it is the only thing that works. Spray the vinegar directly on the "fragranced" surface, let sit about 5 minutes, blot with a clean towel and problem solved! Here is the culprit in my home which also has seven other cats who do all their business in their litter boxes.

By Joyce from Gulfport, FL

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Homemade Cat Urine Cleaner Recipes.

Question: Homemade Cleaner for Cat Urine

How do I make a homemade cleaning product to get rid of cat urine?

By Athina

Most Recent Answer

By Vanessa [1]01/19/2012

I mix 1/4 cup of baking soda, 16 oz. of hydrogen peroxide and a couple drops of a mild dishwashing soap. (I found this on the internet. It is called The Recipe.) After blotting up the excess urine, I saturate the urine spot with the recipe. If the spot is bigger or if one application doesn't work, I mix up more and apply. Then I let this dry and vacuum it up. This mixture, due to the hydrogen peroxide, lifts the urine odor out of the carpet or fabric so that the cat will not mark this area again.

Humans might not smell Cat Urine, but cats can smell it. If the fabric and or carpet is thick, the thickness will cause the urine spot to spread out. It, then, might need more applications or a wider application area.

Question: Homemade Urine-Be-Gone

I sure could use a homemade urine-be-gone. I have got to say how very pleased I am that this site is on the computer, I go here all the time and find the answers I am looking for.

Thanks so very much.

Jamish from Ranson, KS

Most Recent Answer

By Yvonne06/18/2010

In response to mygaley, never use ammonia. Urine in loaded with ammonia and if you use a cleaner with ammonia in it the animals tend to go again in the spot again to cover it up. It just becomes a never ending cycle.