Homemade Cheddar Crackers

Homemade cheddar crackers can be made as mild or as sharp as you like. This is a guide about homemade cheddar crackers.

November 3, 2011 Flag
This recipe makes about 24 crackers. If you would like to make more, simply adjust ingredients accordingly and bake in batches. Depending on how many crackers I want to make, I double or triple the ingredients and roll and wrap separate 6 inch logs. You will want to leave those 'waiting to bake' logs refrigerated between each batch bake so the cheese remains firm. The crackers will stay fresh for about a week or can be frozen for use at a later time.

• 1/4 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
  • 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • Ad
  • 1/8 tsp. dry mustard
  • 1/8 tsp. Tabasco sauce
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • Salt to taste, if desired

Directions:

Beat the first five ingredients with an electric mixer on medium speed until completely blended and then slowly add the flour and beat on low speed until completely blended.

Roll the dough into a ball and knead slightly on a lightly floured surface, roll into a 6 inch log, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely firm, about 2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Remove plastic wrap, slice the log width-wise 1/4 inch thick, arrange slices at least 1/2 inch apart on a baking sheet, sprinkle lightly with salt if desired and bake the crackers until lightly browned on the edges, about 20 minutes. Let cool before serving.

Looks yummy to me.

Deeli, I made this today using my gluten free flour. I know I'm going to enjoy using this recipe and it will be great for the holidays. It tastes like cheese straws. It is scrumptious!

I did not have to use the mixer. With a spoon, I blended the flour in with the butter, Worcestershire Sauce, dry mustard and Texas Pete Hot Sauce. Then with my hands, I kneaded in the cheese until I had a soft ball of dough. It turned out great and was very easy to make.

Litter Gitter, you're brilliant! We all get in such ruts doing the exact same procedures with any given recipe without even thinking it could be done an easier way! Now I know I can save a cleaning step of the beater whisks! Thank you, thank you, thank you, and I am glad you loved the recipe. Oh, and I have a friend whose husband can't have gluten products, so I'll let her know the crackers taste just as good with gluten free flour :-)

Sounds tasty Deeli

April 15, 2010 Flag

Yummy. Mix cheese, butter, salt, and pepper. Work enough flour in by hand to form a stiff dough. If it gets too dry add a few drops of cold water. Shape the dough into small balls.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & DessertsMay 2, 2013
Saltine Crackers
Recipes Using Saltine Crackers
Large Tray of Cheese and Crackers
Cheese and Crackers for a Large Group
A stack of graham crackers.
Making Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers
Crackers
Cooking With Crackers
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 17, 2016 at 7:25:08 PM on 10.0.1.217 in 848 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.