Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

Does anyone have a really good homemade chicken noodle soup recipe? I have tried so many times to make it, but it never tastes that good even though there is plenty of chicken in it, and spices. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.J. from Delaware

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

One thing that works for me is to saute the vegs first. The 'flavor' vegs are onions, carrots, celery. Chop them, saute them in a little bit of oil, then add water, chicken, and I add a spoonful of Chicken Base, from Sam's. I think any broth or cube would be similar. It adds flavor.

I don't throw the veg's away but some people do.

The alternative would be to take out the chicken and then boil down the broth to concentrate the flavor before adding the noodles. That might help if you cooked a lot of chicken in a lot of water.

Here's the best chicken soup in the world:

Sautee a lot of carrots, onions and potatoes. Add your chicken parts and water just to cover. Add a T of Chicken Base if you have it, but I've even made this totally without meat.

Boil long enough to cook the chicken and soften the veg's. Remove chicken and pull from bones. Keep aside.

Now puree the veg's (a hand blender is easiest) till smooth and add an 8 oz block of reduced fat cream cheese, let it melt and puree it too.
Add back the chicken, pulled into small bites.
This is so good it can be a fondue, just dip bread in. I've never met anyone who didn't love it!

By Jeneene

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

I put about 4 - 5 large pieces of chicken (like the legs with back attached) or even a whole small chicken in a dutch oven sized pot.

Fill with water. Add about 3 tablespoons of salt (sounds like lots, but it's needed.)

Add carrots (2 - 3)(I chop some and then I grate some too) and celery- just 1 stalk.

Then I put about 1/2 - 1 tsp of pickling spice in a tea ball, and put that in the pot. This is a nice flavour that I miss if I forget it!

Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 1 1/2 hours or so. Taste the broth after an hour, and you may need to add more salt.

Take the chicken out, cut up meat into bite-sized pieces and add back to the soup.

I boil tiny little soup noodles in a separate pot, and add them after the soup has cooked completely. This seems to stop the noodles from getting mushy.

Then all that's left to do is enjoy!

You can use rice instead of noodles if you prefer. Just wash the rice off really well before adding to the soup. Because rice has to cook long, add to the broth to allow it to cook for 3/4 hour or so.

By carolb

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

Try seasoning your usual soup recipe with "Lowry's Seasonal Salt." Use it for any other recipe that requires salt. It wakes up the flavor of your food. (12/23/2005)

By Joanne

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

This is a simple and very good soup. I usually make only half of the recipe:

Comforting Chicken Noodle Soup

• 2 qts water
  • 8 chicken bouillon cubes
  • 6 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • fresh minced parsley
In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add noodles; cook uncovered, until tender, about 10 minutes. Do not drain. Add soup and chicken; heat through. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Sprinkle with parsley

By sister

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

A friend suggested using Reames frozen noodles with chicken soup.
She said that fresh pasta is also good, but Reames is better. (01/29/2007)

By cookwie

A bowl of hearty chicken noodle soup.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes
Chicken Noodle Casserole
Chicken Noodle Casserole Recipes
Chicken and Rice Soup
Chicken and Rice Soup Recipes
Vegetable Noodle Soup
Noodle Soup Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume