Homemade Cold Pack

Another great homemade cold pack is to add regular rubbing alcohol to water - about 1 part alcohol to 3 parts water - in a freezer type zip top bag. I keep a couple of these in my freezer at all times. The bags don't freeze solid because of the alcohol and that makes them ideal to wrap over a wrist, knee or similar area. I use them over and over before they get a leak. I also usually add a drop or two of food color to the mixture to make them easy to find in the freezer.

Homemade Cold Pack

These work great. I use 2 ziplock bags to prevent leakage. They last a very long time. (10/09/2007)

By Charity.

Homemade Ice Packs
Pack rat collection
Organizing Tips for a Pack Rat
Making a 6-Pack Ring Snowflake
Making a 6-Pack Ring Snowflake
three examples
Making an Ice Pack With Rice
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding