Homemade Conditioning Rinse Recipes

Category Hair
girl with shiny hair
There are numerous recipes available for making your own conditioning rinse, or you can develop your own. This page contains homemade conditioning rinse recipes.

I worked at a spa for several years. This is my own recipe of things I have heard helped others over the years.

Combine 3/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup honey, and the juice of 1 lemon and set aside. Rinse your hair with water and towel dry. Work in a small amount of conditioner (refrigerate extra) and comb to distribute evenly. Cover with a plastic bag or wrap for 1/2 hour. Shampoo and rinse thoroughly.

By Suzanne S.

Read 1 Comment

When you really like how a product works for you, sometimes you can make a substitute. This guide is about making a copycat tame creme rinse recipe.

A woman rinsing her hair in the shower.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I just ordered and received Tame conditioning rinse from a lady in New York. I'm almost scared to use it. It looks new but was wrapped in the box in newspaper so some print is on the bottle from the paper, black scuffs. Do they not make this product any longer? Would you use this if you were me? I paid a total of $16.00 including shipping. Please tell me what you think.

Melinda

Anonymous

In 2010, Tame Cream Rinse was available in the Dollar Tree for only a 1.00

In 2010, Tame Cream Rinse was available at the Dollar Tree for a 1.00. It was on the shelves for about 2 years. It hasn't been available since. Evergreen USA makes this product. I've been emailing them for over 3 years asking them to bring it back. Maybe if more of us wrote to the company, they would.

Anonymous

They sell Tame at the Dollar Tree, Just A Dollar, for $1.00.

You over paid.

Milk shower for silky and strong hair and soft skin. Take 4 cups of milk to rinse. DO NOT USE WATER FIRST. Use regular shampoo and rinse with MILK to get shampoo out.

Take 2 cups of milk, mix with brown sugar for a scrub and clean body. Rinse with milk. Warm milk as needed and let it cool before using.

Tips: Leave in milk for 5 minutes in hair and massage hair good for the milk vitamins to help hair. Goat milk is great too.

Source: Grandma "Mariaelena" As a child, she used this method to shower her hair but with NO SHAMPOO and her hair. As I did it over the years, my hair is STRONG, VERY LONG and shines with no chemicals or effects and natural product.

By Judy from Council Bluffs, IA

Read 5 Comments