Homemade Conditioning Rinse Recipes

Category Hair
There are numerous recipes available for making your own conditioning rinse, or you can develop your own. This page contains homemade conditioning rinse recipes.

I worked at a spa for several years. This is my own recipe of things I have heard helped others over the years.

Combine 3/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup honey, and the juice of 1 lemon and set aside. Rinse your hair with water and towel dry. Work in a small amount of conditioner (refrigerate extra) and comb to distribute evenly. Cover with a plastic bag or wrap for 1/2 hour. Shampoo and rinse thoroughly.

By Suzanne S.

How long will it last in the refrigerator?

I want to know if you have the recipe for making Tame cream rinse or shampoo? I would also, be interested in where I can buy it cheap. It was popular in the 1970s and 1980s. Thanks.

Aline from Alamogordo, NM

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Anonymous

There are a couple of recipes below in the ThriftyFun archives.

I found it at a dollar tree in bright pink bottles

I found the 2-in-1 Tame shampoo/creme rinse at Dollar Tree in bright green bottle. Didn't see any separate shampoo or creme rinse. But at $1.00 a bottle you can't beat the price!

I have been looking for it myself, & Loves fresh lemon body splash. The latter I found in a pic-n-save in SoCal a few years ago & bought it all. I'm thing since Dollar Tree has wee.dollartree.com if they have Tame available anywhere in any of their snores maybe we could find it that way. I have ordered wedding vases online thru them and they delivered to my Dollat Tree free & in less than a week. Big Lots might be worth doing an online search too cos they get some really "vintage" looking hygiene inems. They even sell pregnancy tests, 2 in a box, & fertility thermometers for a dollar!

I just ordered and received Tame conditioning rinse from a lady in New York. I'm almost scared to use it. It looks new but was wrapped in the box in newspaper so some print is on the bottle from the paper, black scuffs. Do they not make this product any longer? Would you use this if you were me? I paid a total of $16.00 including shipping. Please tell me what you think.

Melinda

I don't understand why you are afraid to use it. You said the bottle looks like new... why not open it, give it a try, an if the product is old, ask for a refund.

Dumb question, why would you pay $16 for a bottle of Tame Conditioner? I thought people on this site made a point in saving money. No real reason not to use it. Many companies use newpapers instead of plastic peanuts that never break down in the landfills. She should have used plain paper around the product to avoid the ink transfer. She was recycling. That being a thing all of us should do. If you are worried, call the lady. She can tell you why she shipped that way. I would say she never thought of the printing damaging the bottle. Good luck

Wow! $16 for a bottle of conditioner! That's outrageous! I would definitely try to get my $ back for that reason alone!

Anonymous

If it doesn't smell rancid then it's fine because the majority of conditioners have preservatives and are fine for years if unopened ... I am not trying to be mean but I can't understand why you spent that much money on a bottle of Tame (if it's the Tame I used two or three decades ago) which is the same as buying a bottle of sauve conditioner that you can get on sale for a dollar or two ... It gives me pause that if the bottle has newsprint on it that it probably has been in the woman's home for that long :-o

Look up the company on the web and contact them . They can tell you and might even send you a coupon.

I don't know why you would have paid that kind of price, I would get my money back. You can get a good conditioner at any beauty supply that is open to the public.

Anonymous

In 2010, Tame Cream Rinse was available in the Dollar Tree for only a 1.00

In 2010, Tame Cream Rinse was available at the Dollar Tree for a 1.00. It was on the shelves for about 2 years. It hasn't been available since. Evergreen USA makes this product. I've been emailing them for over 3 years asking them to bring it back. Maybe if more of us wrote to the company, they would.

Milk shower for silky and strong hair and soft skin. Take 4 cups of milk to rinse. DO NOT USE WATER FIRST. Use regular shampoo and rinse with MILK to get shampoo out.

Take 2 cups of milk, mix with brown sugar for a scrub and clean body. Rinse with milk. Warm milk as needed and let it cool before using.

Tips: Leave in milk for 5 minutes in hair and massage hair good for the milk vitamins to help hair. Goat milk is great too.

Source: Grandma "Mariaelena" As a child, she used this method to shower her hair but with NO SHAMPOO and her hair. As I did it over the years, my hair is STRONG, VERY LONG and shines with no chemicals or effects and natural product.

By Judy from Council Bluffs, IA

it's just wasting of money. All people is looking for an economical way to stay younger and beautiful, is it right? Sorry to offend you but it's true. We're in crisis you know. It is not a good idea.