Homemade Cranberry Sauce

If you think you don't like cranberry sauce, you probably have only had the nasty canned variety. I was one of those people. I hated cranberry sauce until I tried the homemade variety.

Take a trip to the store for the following:

• 1 lb. cranberries (1 bag)
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup orange juice

Put cranberries, honey, and juice in a sauce pot. (Make sure it's plenty big enough. Sauce will rise) Heat to a boil. Let boil until berries are popping. This will sound like popcorn. When the popping slows down, turn off heat. If you like it chunky, you're done. I like mine smooth, so I scoop out the berries, pulse a couple times in the blender, and then pour back into the saucepot. Give it a stir, and you're done.

I highly suggest making extra to freeze or can. The last two years I haven't had ANY left over to enjoy the next day.

By Jillian from Sacramento, CA

Answers:

Homemade Cranberry Sauce

Wow, my step-daughter and I were talking about this yesterday but neither of us had a recipe, LOL. This sounds so easy and yummy. Just might have to make some before Christmas. Thanx so very much for sharing :0) (11/27/2007)

By grammar

Homemade Cranberry Sauce

I make a recipe very similar but I use brown sugar and add some orange marmalade. (11/27/2007)

Cranberry Sauce Recipes, Stemmed bowl of cranberry sauce.
Cranberry Sauce Recipes
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Chopsticks Picking up Piece of Teriyaki Chicken
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipes
Homemade pizaa sauce.
Pizza Sauce Recipes
Cranberry sauce on toast.
Recipes Using Cranberry Sauce
🎉
🎄