Homemade Dish Soap

I need a recipe for a good sudsing, cheap, homemade dishwashing soap recipe. Please help guys, my mom thoroughly enjoys washing dishes, but we live on a shoestring budget. I would like to be able to afford moms clean habit. Thanks to all.

Igmom from TN

Answers:

Homemade Dish Soap

Check laundry soap prices at your local feed store where they have five-gallon buckets of it. It's very slippery, but it makes a good dishwashing soap. Put a couple tablespoons powder into a 2 cup bottle of water, best I can remember. Makes extremely cheap dish soap. (07/17/2007)

By kimhis

Homemade Dish Soap

Buy gallons of dish detergent or use coupons on very small sizes to get the best price. Thin the detergent by adding water to it. (That's what is in the cheap varieties, water.) Don't use your hard earned money to buy water. You can add it yourself. Please note there is a different between soap and detergent. Detergent is what you need to wash clothing and dishes. Soap is for skin.

I have extremely sensitive skin and my hands crack and bleed. My dermatologist tells me not to wear plastic or rubber gloves. They can make "dry" hands worse as they cause sweat. Its actually the water that causes the drying and cracking. I like Palmolive dishwashing detergent. Try to find the old-fashioned kind. Detergents with antibacterial agents in them hurt my hands.

Best of luck.

(07/18/2007)

By Carol in PA

Homemade Dish Soap

Octagon soap. It's cheap it's in bar form. It doesn't suds up a lot. It strips grease well, and can be used to clean the floor, counters, cabinets, anything in the kitchen really. It costs about $1; it doesn't melt away fast because its hard. (01/04/2008)

By iBroke

Homemade Dish Soap

(Submitted via email)

I found a recipe for homemade dish soap and am using it now. I bar of Octagon soap, made by Palmolive. Shred that with potato peeler and let "cook" in 2 quarts of water. It will boil over so use a large tall cooker. Let it boil for about 5 minutes. The recipe then calls for 1/4 cup of lemon juice, but I didn't find it necessary. And add 1/4 cup Arm and Hammer washing soda. I have that on hand, because I make my own laundry soap as well.

Sue V. (03/12/2009)

By Sally_Admin

Homemade Dish Soap
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎄
🍂