Homemade Dishwasher Soap?

Automatic Dishwasher Soap: I have made the laundry detergent, fabric softener and stain remover (pre-wash treatment); how about a recipe for automatic dishwashers? Anyone have any ideas?

Love this site,

Nelwyn from Bunkie, LA

Answers:

Homemade Dishwasher Soap?

I tried the 2 Tbsp. baking soda/2 Tbsp. borax but my dishes were still cloudy and dirty (07/10/2006)

By oliver1

Homemade Dishwasher Soap?

I used an alternative, although it was not homemade. I used a small amount of laundry detergent in an emergency. I did read about some good recipes here that I'll try.

I'd guess baking soda would dry to a residue. How about adding a drop of dishwashing liquid to get that taken care of? It just SOUNDS like it would work. (05/03/2007)

By Mary

Homemade Dishwasher Soap?

Hi, I am also looking for a recipe of laundry detergent with natural materials. Lots of people use borax, which is not very healthy, I thought, as it is an acid which affects your nerve system, kidneys and liver and gets absorbed through the skin. Are there any alternatives to Borax? (10/08/2007)

By Rudy

Homemade Dishwasher Soap?

I use 1 1/2 tsp each of borax and washing soda in the prewash cup. I don't use the main cup (that closes) at all. I start the dishwasher and once it has started filling with water I put 1/2 to 1 cup vinegar in the tub. When it starts filling for the rinse cycle, I add 1/2-1 cup 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide and my glasses turn out beautiful! It's a bit of "baby-sitting" but I like the results! (12/02/2007)

By niw3446

Homemade Dishwasher Soap?

I've been told that a cup of citric acid added to the 1 box borax + 1 box baking soda will cure the residue problem. (01/17/2009)

By Dawn

Homemade Dishwasher Soap?

My recipe calls for 1 cup washing soda, one cup borax and 1/4 cup salt (I use sea salt). I have no filmy residue at all. It works wonderfully! (01/30/2009)

By EJDCJ

Homemade Dishwasher Soap?

When I priced out the ingredients for homemade (borax, baking soda, vinegar, citric acid, etc.) it was pretty expensive. I use the cheap powdered store brand of dishwasher soap from WalMart or Aldi or even the dollar stores. They all work equally well and are very inexpensive.

Once I tried using just a scant tablespoon of laundry detergent, BIG MISTAKE! This bubbled out of the dishwasher and leaked into the floor even though I tried to soak up the leak with towels. I had a drip in the basement ceiling as a result. Please spare yourself that mess. (01/30/2009)

By OliveOyl

Someone loading dishes into a dishwasher.
Homemade Dishwasher Detergent Recipes
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Liquid Dishwasher Detergent
Making Liquid Dishwasher Detergent
Dishwasher Cubes
Making Dishwasher Cubes
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄