Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Homemade Ear Wash for Dogs

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Golden retriever puppy.

Keeping your dog's ears clean is important for their health. This is a guide about homemade ear wash for dogs.

Solutions: Homemade Ear Wash for Dogs

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Homemade Ear Cleaning Solution

I am a professional pet groomer, I hated spending so much money on ear cleaning solution. I researched a lot and came up with my own mix ,and it works great. Not only does it save me a lot of money, but I know all the ingredients it has in it.

I use an old ear cleaning solution bottle and mix 2 parts water, 1 part rubbing alcohol, and 1 part white vinegar. Try it and you'll never waste money on store bought solution again!

Source: Online research and trials.

By Stacey from GA

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Homemade Ear Wash for Dogs.

Question: Homemade Ear Wash for Dogs

Does anyone have a recipe for homemade ear flush for dogs?

By Mary Ann from Columbus, OH

Best Answer

By Ktkat04/28/2011

It used to be that vets recommended rubbing alcohol or peroxide. Not anymore. They found that the alcohol irritates the ear and the peroxide actually eats away at the flesh!

The simplest and safest thing to use is one part water to one part white vinegar and use a cotton ball saturated in this solution to wipe out the outer part of the ear. Then gently fill the ear canal with the solution and again gently massage the dog's ear from the base (where the ear attaches to his head) Do this for about 10 to 15 seconds to make sure the solution gets right down into the ear canal as they can be quite deep. Make sure you keep the dog's head tipped so the solution doesn't run out.

When finished massaging tip the head and see how much liquid will come out. Once you let go the dog will shake its' head so watch out. This, however, will loosen the internal debris.

If you think the dog has an infection, yeast or otherwise take him to the vet. This is meant just for cleaning. Also please try to have the liquid at room temperature. Would you like someone pouring icy cold water in your ear?