Homemade Fabric Freshener

What is the recipe for do-it-yourself fabric freshener? the store bought ones are so expensive and super smelly. I saw one with vinegar, water and something else. I forget the amounts of each.

Thanks,

Stephanie from Connecticut

Homemade Fabric Freshener Recipe

Here's what I do to make a fabric freshener:

• 1/2 tsp of scented oil of choice (or a mixture of oils)
  • 1/2 cup of high proof cheap vodka (this allows the oil to dissolve and emulsify)

I put this into a 16 oz spray bottle and shake it up. I then fill the bottle with distilled water. I regularly spray it on bedding and curtains and also use it when I iron clothing.

By Chris

Homemade Fabric Febreze Recipe

I make homemade febreze like this. I use the fabric softener cap to measure everything.

• 1 capful liquid fabric softener (not the concentrated kind)
  • 1 capful distilled white vinegar
  • 2 capfuls of water in a spray bottle.

This smells great on furniture, curtains, carpet, etc and I haven't had any problems with residue or stains.

By hotmomma

Natural Homemade Fabric Freshener

If you are fortunate enough to have access to freshly grown lavender, lime or any of the numerous scented geranium varieties; mint or rosemary, put some sprigs in a spray bottle, add vodka, distilled vinegar, peroxide or water;(choose what works best for you) let it marinate abit and spray away! This natural alternative will make everybody happy.

By Lois

Generic Blue Spray Bottle
Homemade Febreze Recipes (Fabric Freshener)
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
Perfume as Air Freshener
Using Perfume as Air Freshener
Box of baking soda which can be used to make homemade carpet fresheners.
Homemade Carpet Freshener Recipes
🎄