Homemade Fertilizers

I had once heard that there was a household item that you could sprinkle around your pepper plants that would help green peppers grow in our garden. Has anybody heard of this?

By pasprincess from Green Bay, WI

Answers:

Homemade Fertilizers

My father, who has been gone for many years, raised me to plant my peppers on an open book of matches. They like the sulfur and it seems to be just the right amount. I've tried them without it and have been very disappointed.

Peppers also need to be planted very close together, it helps with the pollination process. That is a must. Find a farmer and ask for poo. You do not need a lot for a garden, but a little each year has a huge effect and your garden will build up as time goes on. You can also water peppers with one teaspoon of Epsom salt to a gallon of water when you plant them. This helps also. But my largest success is with the matches (06/05/2009)

By Cheecky

Homemade Fertilizers

I read years ago to plant them with a "handful" of table salt in the bottom of the hole. I don't do it, but then my peppers never make very many peppers. (06/05/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Homemade Fertilizers

Use Epsom salts, it's great on peppers. It really makes them grow. (06/13/2009)

By Mirage

Homemade Fertilizers
Photo of foodready to compost.
Mother Nature's Best Fertilizers and Bug Repellents
Spray Bottles With a Hose Connector
Uses for Spray Bottles With Hose Connectors
Manure Pellets
Using Organic Fertilizers
Organic Fertilizer
Understanding Organic Fertilizers
🎉
🎄