Homemade Flavored Coffee Creamer Recipes

Instead of buying expensive flavored creamers try making your own special blends. This page contains homemade flavored coffee creamer recipes.

October 16, 2016 Flag

If you're on a tight budget and looking to be more health conscious, you know it's not always practical to buy coffee creamer. I'd recommend this recipe for special occasions when you have leftover heavy cream from cooking. This contains no preservatives or artificial sweeteners.

I use organic ingredients whenever possible. This recipe was an experiment to see if I could have a treat without sacrificing taste, and without using artificial ingredients that no one can pronounce. So far, so good!

Prep Time: 2 minutes

Cook Time: 5 minutes

Total Time: 7-10 minutes

Yield: 1 cup

• 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4-1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla extract

1. Measure out ½ cup of cream and ½ cup of milk.
  2. Set the stove burner to medium-low heat.
  3. Measure out ¼ cup to ½ cup sugar, depending on taste, and whisk into the milk mixture.
  4. Ad
  5. Set timer to 5 minutes (maximum).
  6. Heat mixture until sugar dissolves and steam rises, stirring occasionally. Do not boil. Add vanilla at the last minute.
  7. Related Content(article continues below)
  8. Enjoy your coffee! 2-3 tablespoons per cup does the trick. Store in a small glass jar and shake before use. The creamer can be stored in the refrigerator for about 5 days.
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

May 21, 2013 Flag

I love those flavored coffee creamers from the store. But what are they made of? Is there anything that sounds edible in there? And who knows what they don't put on the label! So I researched making your own. The recipe I like used sweetened condensed milk, but that is expensive and, besides, condensing it cooks all the nutrition out.

So I researched making my own. Most of the recipes are the same. They all call for butter - I don't want the added fat - and a blender. Well, I am way too lazy to get the blender out. So I tried making my own recipe, and darned if it isn't the best tasting creamer ever! Now, it's not healthy, it has a lot of sugar (you can easily cut it in half, I've started doing that), but if you like your coffee sweet, you can add the whole amount. The dry milk is non-fat, and you can use skim milk; I use 2%.

• 2 cups dry milk
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 Tbsp almond extract, or any other flavor you choose
  • 1 cup hot water
  • 4 cups milk

1. Mix the dry milk and sugar in the container you want to use (I use an empty bottle from commercial coffee creamer, the giant size)
  2. Add the water and flavoring, put the lid on the bottle, and shake very well.
  3. Add the milk and shake even better to get the sugar to melt away.
  4. Shake it a little every time you use it.
  5. Store in the refridgerator. It keeps for the same amount of time as the milk you used. (It never lasts us that long!)
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

April 14, 2016 Flag

This guide is about making French vanilla coffee creamer. A delicious addition to a cup of coffee can be made at home.

Liquid creamer being poured into white coffee cup on a table

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 8, 2014 Flag

Easy and delicious.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 23, 2005 Flag

Combine all ingredients in a container with a tight fitting lid. Shake well to blend. Store in an airtight container.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 12, 2006 Flag

Those flavored liquid coffee creamers are wonderful but does anyone make their own? Seems there must be some way to reduce the cost. My favorite is French Vanilla.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 6, 2011 Flag

Please help. I would like recipes using dry powered milk to make coffee creamer not the liquid, but the dry coffee creamer. Many thanks.

God bless!

Liz

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Orange Coffee Creamer

3/4 cup sugar 1 cup nonfat dry milk 1/2 teaspoon dried orange peel

Cafe Vienna

3/4 cup sugar 3/4 cup dry milk 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Cinnamon Coffee Creamer

2/3 cup sugar 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Cappuccino Coffee Creamer

1 cup hot cocoa mix 3/4 cup dry non-dairy creamer 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

Mocha Coffee Creamer

1 cup sugar 2 cups nonfat dry milk 4 teaspoons cocoa

It's very easy to make a good, dairy-powdered creamer. The secret is to add some fat to get the same mouth-feel you expect from, say, half and half or cream. I don't prefer this recipe over straight cream, but it's a good substitute if you run out, is shelf-stable and versatile. Use it also for making cocoa, chai and other mixes.

8 parts part skim milk powder

1-2 parts powdered sugar (I don't like my coffee at all sweet, so you can use even less, but there is a little sweetness in natural cream)

3 cereal spoonfuls of coconut oil, melted (I stick the glass jar in micro for a few seconds)

Combine first two ingredients in a bowl with a fork. Slowly add coconut oil, drizzling it over the top with a spoon. Mix well with a fork. There should be no clumps. Store in a jar with a lid in the pantry. To use, try a few spoonfuls in a cup then add your coffee while stirring until you get the color/flavor you want. The oil adds the mouthfeel that you expect from cream. Coconut oil is a healthy fat as well. It stays solid in the powder mix but will melt into your coffee as soon as you pour it. I would make mine with less sugar next time, but I would say 1 part sugar to 8 parts milk powder is about right :-) Enjoy

I should add that in my ratios, I used about 2 cups of skim milk powder, about 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and then the 3 teaspoonfuls of melted coconut oil. Use less oil if you are making less. A good rule is to use 1 teaspoonful if making a much smaller batch to 3 teaspoonfuls if you are making this size of batch. Thanks!

February 5, 2010 Flag

How do you make your own simple, good French Vanilla powdered creamer for coffee?

By jamish from Tribune

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer Recipe

3/4 cup Non-dairy Coffee Creamer

3/4 cup Powdered Sugar

1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract

Combine all ingredients in a pint sized jar. Shake well to blend. Store in a cool dry place, and use as with normal coffee creamer. Good luck.

I use non-dairy creamer and powdered vanilla.

July 14, 2007 Flag

Chai Spiced coffee creamer ~~ Coffeemate (I think it was them) used to make chai spiced coffee creamer and I loved it!! I don't know if they stopped making it or my local stores no longer carry it - I've checked all 5. Does anyone know how to make this so I could keep it all week? Thanks!

Mindy from Oregon

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Mindy..,.check this out.....

Join Very Best Coffee

Log In | Update Profile | Tell A Friend

It's July 19, 2007

Use our convenient Store Locator to find a store near you that carries

your favorite NESTLÉ products.

*Please note, all fields below are required.

Select a Brand

Select a Product

Enter Your Zip Code

Search Radius

Not in your store? They'll ship it to your door!

www.mybrandsinc.com*

customercare@mybrandsinc.com

toll-free: 1-888-281-6400

*By clicking this link, you will be taken to a site governed by the MyBrands Inc. privacy policy. Please be sure to read the privacy policy and terms and conditions posted on that site.

TrustE

© Nestlé makes the very best | Contact Us | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy | Sitema

did you know the word CHAI means tea in several languages?

In Australia we have several companies that make this to sell in supermarkets. I know that Nestle makes a nice one (maybe you can contact them to ask for the nearest store) and also Lipton do a decent one too, but I do not know if they are international or just Australian.

November 20, 2008 Flag

I have been spending over $30 a month on liquid flavored coffee creamer. I know someone out there has a recipe for the French Vanilla Caramel creamer by Coffeemate. Please help. My hubby loves this stuff and it's killing our food budget. This is the only way I get to share my morning with him, otherwise he doesn't drink it. Thanks in advance.

Tina from Tenino, WA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I found this one. I can't use creamer, so I don't know if it is any good, but it's worth a try.

http://www.reci  e-Creamer-191026

I would think that adding some caramel ice cream topping to Jackie's recipe should do the trick. Just add a little bit at a time, to get the flavor you like. (Be sure to keep track of how much you add so that you can duplicate it again.) If you give it a try let us know how it turns out. jsham

We gave up on prepackaged long ago. If you are near a World Market, you can buy a 25.4 oz bottle of Torani brand syrup for about $7.00 a bottle They have Caramel, Vanilla, Toasted Marshmallow, French Vanilla and several other syrups. You only need an ounce at the most and you can save a lot of money. If you cannot find the syrup locally, you can find it on the internet: Torani or R Torre & co. Sam's Club also sells coffee syrups. You can then choose whatever type of creamer you want to use.

September 6, 2015 Flag

I am looking for non-dairy coffee flavoring recipes and/or products. The ready-made flavorings create considerable gastric distress for me. I just found that an almond-coconut milk works well for me, so if I can figure out the caramel-like flavor to add, it'll probably work.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 18, 2009 Flag

I'm in need of some homemade flavored dry coffee creamer recipes.

By Deb from Kellogg, IA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I really don't know how to do it. I did try to make vanilla cinnamon a couple of times using vanilla powder and cinnamon. The vanilla dissolved but the cinnamon sank to the bottom of my cup. So if you want vanilla creamer use the vanilla powder.

Get a fresh vanilla bean, carefully cut it in half vertically (down the long side) and place it (full or you may only need half) in some powdered milk. Shake it daily for about 1-2 weeks (depending on how strong you want it) and you'll have vanilla flavored "creamer." You can also use this same technique on sugar. It's super-yummy and one vanilla bean goes a long way!

November 21, 2009 Flag

Does anybody have a recipe for flavored coffee creamers?

By Patricia from Gulfport, MS

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages CoffeeMay 22, 2013
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Making Flavored Coffee
Making Flavored Coffee
Making French Vanilla Coffee Creamer
Creamer Bottles
Uses for Creamer Bottles
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 9, 2017 at 3:12:10 PM on 10.0.0.198 in 8 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.