Browsing: Homemade Flavored Coffee Creamer Recipes

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Homemade Flavored Coffee Creamer Recipes

Instead of buying expensive flavored creamers try making your own special blends. This page contains homemade flavored coffee creamer recipes.

creamer pitcher
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

May 21, 2013 Flag

I love those flavored coffee creamers from the store. But what are they made of? Is there anything that sounds edible in there? And who knows what they don't put on the label! So I researched making your own. The recipe I like used sweetened condensed milk, but that is expensive and, besides, condensing it cooks all the nutrition out.

So I researched making my own. Most of the recipes are the same. They all call for butter - I don't want the added fat - and a blender. Well, I am way too lazy to get the blender out. So I tried making my own recipe, and darned if it isn't the best tasting creamer ever! Now, it's not healthy, it has a lot of sugar (you can easily cut it in half, I've started doing that), but if you like your coffee sweet, you can add the whole amount. The dry milk is non-fat, and you can use skim milk; I use 2%.

• 2 cups dry milk
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 Tbsp almond extract, or any other flavor you choose
  • 1 cup hot water
  • 4 cups milk

1. Mix the dry milk and sugar in the container you want to use (I use an empty bottle from commercial coffee creamer, the giant size)
  2. Add the water and flavoring, put the lid on the bottle, and shake very well.
  3. Add the milk and shake even better to get the sugar to melt away.
  4. Shake it a little every time you use it.
  5. Store in the refridgerator. It keeps for the same amount of time as the milk you used. (It never lasts us that long!)

April 6, 2011 Flag

Please help. I would like recipes using dry powered milk to make coffee creamer not the liquid, but the dry coffee creamer. Many thanks.

God bless!

Liz

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It's very easy to make a good, dairy-powdered creamer. The secret is to add some fat to get the same mouth-feel you expect from, say, half and half or cream. I don't prefer this recipe over straight cream, but it's a good substitute if you run out, is shelf-stable and versatile. Use it also for making cocoa, chai and other mixes.

8 parts part skim milk powder

1-2 parts powdered sugar (I don't like my coffee at all sweet, so you can use even less, but there is a little sweetness in natural cream)

3 cereal spoonfuls of coconut oil, melted (I stick the glass jar in micro for a few seconds)

Combine first two ingredients in a bowl with a fork. Slowly add coconut oil, drizzling it over the top with a spoon. Mix well with a fork. There should be no clumps. Store in a jar with a lid in the pantry. To use, try a few spoonfuls in a cup then add your coffee while stirring until you get the color/flavor you want. The oil adds the mouthfeel that you expect from cream. Coconut oil is a healthy fat as well. It stays solid in the powder mix but will melt into your coffee as soon as you pour it. I would make mine with less sugar next time, but I would say 1 part sugar to 8 parts milk powder is about right :-) Enjoy

I should add that in my ratios, I used about 2 cups of skim milk powder, about 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and then the 3 teaspoonfuls of melted coconut oil. Use less oil if you are making less. A good rule is to use 1 teaspoonful if making a much smaller batch to 3 teaspoonfuls if you are making this size of batch. Thanks!

Hi thrifty people! While searching for an easy homemade recipe for coffee creamer, I ran across this page:

http://www.couponcloset.net/homemade-powdered-coffee-creamer/ which provides the following recipe:

Homemade Powdered Coffee Creamer (Save 50% or more)

1 Cup Powdered Milk

1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar

1 tablespoon melted coconut oil

Mix together the dry ingredients. Slowly drizzle the melted coconut oil over the dry ingredients.

My daughter is a massage therapist and she educated me as to the benefits of coconut oil. It is very good for us both internally and externally. The following page expounds on these benefits. I have included the information below the link. http://www.coconutmagic.com/the-incredible-health-benefits-of-coconut-oil

Coconut oil makes you look good and feel good, whats not to love? Used both internally and externally coconut oil:

Adults take 2- 4 tablespoons daily and children take 2 teaspoons every morning.

-Boosts Energy Levels and Helps Chronic Fatigue

-Coconut oil is metabolized and converted by the liver directly into energy

-Maintains Healthy Food Nutrients and is the Best Choice for Healthy Cooking

-Coconut oil is a highly stable fat that does not oxidize when heated making it a very safe

and healthy cooking oil.

-Increases Metabolic Rate and Leads to Weight Loss

-Coconut oil increases your metabolism so you burn more KJ's which leads to natural and healthy weight loss.

-Supports Immune Function by Killing Disease Causing Bacteria, Fungi and Viruses

-The MCFAs in coconut oil offer antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties.

-Supports and Improves Symptoms of Digestive Disorders

-Coconut oil possesses a gastrointestinal antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect.

-Creates Radiant Skin  As an Antioxidant it Reversing Free Radical Damage

-Coconut oil provides fat-soluble vitamins, minerals and super nutrition factors to damaged tissue.

-Is a Beauty Elixir  Excellent as a Skin and Hair moisturizer

-Coconut oil nourishes, moisturizes and protects your hair and skin by replenishing the bodys natural oils (Sebum).

-Helps Reduce Sugar Cravings and Balance Blood Sugar

-People using coconut oil have noticed their ability to go without food for longer without symptoms of hypoglycemia and with less cravings and feelings of satisfaction.

-Supports Healthy Thyroid Function and Hormone Balance

-Regular consumption of coconut oil restores thyroid function by assisting the hormones transport to the cells.

Oil Pulling is a Simple and Effective Way to Detox Your Body, an ancient Ayurvedic health tradition which involves using the oil as a mouth wash and spitting it out. The fat enzymes in the oil literally pull toxins, pus and bacteria from the body. It also whitens the teeth.

When first taking Virgin Coconut Oil start with 1 tbsp. with each meal. Some people experience loose bowel movements for a few days (this may be a sign of intestinal fungal infection or candidiasis as it is being destroyed). For those with a sensitive taste or stomach it may be helpful to mix with tea, juice, yogurt or add to some food such as oats, nuts and seeds.

Virgin Coconut Oil is both safe and recommended for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.

Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCFAs)

Fats are chains of carbon atoms that are surrounded by hydrogen. The more hydrogen the more saturation and the more stable the molecular structure.

Coconut oil is a saturated fat that consists primarily of medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs). The MCFAs in coconut oil possess incredible health-giving properties. Other than coconut oil these MCFAs can only be naturally found in mothers breast milk. This is what gives coconut oil its reputation as The breast milk of mother nature.

The shorter MCFA chains require less energy and fewer enzymes to digest. For most people, coconut oil can be emulsified during digestion without burdening the gall bladder or liver. Unlike animal fats it is also friendly for the kidneys and can help dissolve kidney stones. Thus, coconut oil provides more energy more quickly than other fat sources.

People who suffer from poor digestion, especially liver or gall bladder problems would benefit more by using coconut oil rather than other oils in their diet.

Immune System Enhancing Properties  MCFA

Coconut oil contains the following MCFAs:

Caprylic acid C8

Capric acid C10

Lauric acid C12

Myristic Acid C14

Each of these contain antiviral, antimicrobial and antifungal properties. Lauric acid has the greatest antiviral activity. Caprylic acid is the most potent yeast fighting substance.

Research says that MCFAs disrupt the lipid membranes of viruses, bacteria, yeast and fungi because their membranes are both very similar. This confuses the microbes and viruses causing them to weaken and become easy prey to white blood cells, which in turn strengthens the bodys immune system.

Those who suffer from candida and other fungal infections may greatly benefit from coconut oil. Psoriasis and eczema are actually skin infections caused by a fungus and can be helped by applying coconut oil topically.

Cholesterol

Much of the mass media claims that saturated fats lead to clogging of the arteries and cholesterol problems, when in reality it is cooked unsaturated fats (commercial and vegetable oils), bad calcium, and foreign cholesterol from eating animal products that constitutes arterial plaque.

Coconut oil contains no cholesterol and may actually help lower cholesterol levels. People from areas in the world that have a staple base of coconut in their diet have consistently lower levels of cholesterol than those that dont.

The cholesterol-lowering properties of coconut oil are a direct result of its ability to stimulate thyroid function. In the presence of adequate thyroid hormone cholesterol is converted into necessary anti-aging steroids.

Dr. Raymond Peat who is a leading researcher in hormone health, details how coconut oil, when added regularly to a balanced diet, lowers cholesterol to normal by promoting its conversion into pregnenolone. Dr Peat recommends increasing pregnenolone for women with hormone imbalances.

Pregnenolone improves circulation in the skin, gives the face a lift, restores sagging skin, and restores bags under the eyes by promoting the contractions of muscle like cells. Pregnenolone counters fatigue, enhances memory, protects the nerves from stress, and has anti anxiety properties.

Antioxidants

Research has also indicated that coconut oil may in itself have antioxidant properties, since the oil is highly stable and reduces our need for vitamin E, whereas unsaturated oils increase our need for vitamin E. Coconut oil is known to produce pregnenolone, an anti aging steroid produced naturally by the body and pregnenolone is an antioxidant.

Side Note: In wanting to make sure about this since I was not familiar with pregnenolone I searched for coconut oil and pregnenolone and found the following page referencing the Dr. Oz Show: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/surprising-health-benefits-coconut-oil

Coconutmagic.com continues with - Thyroid and Weight Loss

Cooked unsaturated oils suppress the metabolism, contributing to hypothyroidism and weight gain. Bad oils not only suppress our tissues response to the thyroid hormone, they also suppress transport of the hormone on the thyroid-transport protein.

Consuming coconut oil regularly restores thyroid function, may help relieve thyroid function, and actually increases the metabolic rate leading to weight loss.

Blood Sugar

One of the most noticeable affect for people when they start consuming coconut oil regularly is the ability to go for several hours without eating, and having feelings of hunger without the symptoms of hypoglycemia and erratic blood sugar levels. Erratic blood sugar stresses the system and calls in the need of adrenal glands.

Shifting to coconut oil as a major source of our fat and energy normalizes blood sugar levels, increases energy, decreases the stress on our system, and thus reduces our need for the adrenal hormones, and removes the effects of adrenal stress.

Cooking

Coconut oil is the most stable of any oil or butter and can be heated to very high temperatures. Therefore if you are going to heat food, coconut oil is the healthiest and wisest choice for cooking. Unlike other fats and oils coconut oil when heated does not form dangerous trans fatty acids because it is a completely saturated fat.

Simply making the simple switch to using coconut oil for all of your cooking needs can have tremendous beneficial affects to your overall health and energy levels.

* reference David Wolfe, Eating for Beauty

Read More Answers...

April 14, 2016 Flag

This guide is about making French vanilla coffee creamer. A delicious addition to a cup of coffee can be made at home.

Liquid creamer being poured into white coffee cup on a table

February 5, 2010 Flag

How do you make your own simple, good French Vanilla powdered creamer for coffee?

By jamish from Tribune

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer Recipe

3/4 cup Non-dairy Coffee Creamer

3/4 cup Powdered Sugar

1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract

Combine all ingredients in a pint sized jar. Shake well to blend. Store in a cool dry place, and use as with normal coffee creamer. Good luck.

I use non-dairy creamer and powdered vanilla.

July 14, 2007 Flag

Chai Spiced coffee creamer ~~ Coffeemate (I think it was them) used to make chai spiced coffee creamer and I loved it!! I don't know if they stopped making it or my local stores no longer carry it - I've checked all 5. Does anyone know how to make this so I could keep it all week? Thanks!

Mindy from Oregon

did you know the word CHAI means tea in several languages?

In Australia we have several companies that make this to sell in supermarkets. I know that Nestle makes a nice one (maybe you can contact them to ask for the nearest store) and also Lipton do a decent one too, but I do not know if they are international or just Australian.

1-1/2 cups nondairy powdered creamer

1 cup confectioner's sugar

1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

2 teaspoons ground ginger

1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom

1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper

1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

1/4 teaspoon ground allspice

1. In a medium sized bowl, combine creamer, sugar, milk powder, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, pepper, cloves and allspice. Spoon mixture into storage container and cover.

2. To serve, stir 1 tablespoon of creamer into 1 cup hot coffee.

Read More Answers...

November 20, 2008 Flag

I have been spending over $30 a month on liquid flavored coffee creamer. I know someone out there has a recipe for the French Vanilla Caramel creamer by Coffeemate. Please help. My hubby loves this stuff and it's killing our food budget.

November 18, 2009 Flag

I'm in need of some homemade flavored dry coffee creamer recipes.

July 8, 2014 Flag

Easy and delicious.

Load More
Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages CoffeeMay 22, 2013
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Making Flavored Coffee
Making Flavored Coffee
Coffee liqueur and Irish cream in a glass.
Homemade Kahlua Recipes
Creamer Bottles
Uses for Creamer Bottles
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 6:13:55 PM on 10.0.2.7 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.