Homemade Flavored Coffee Creamer Recipes

creamer pitcher

Instead of buying expensive flavored creamers try making your own special blends. This page contains homemade flavored coffee creamer recipes.

Solutions: Homemade Flavored Coffee Creamer Recipes

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Recipe: Delicious Homemade Flavored Coffee Creamer

I love those flavored coffee creamers from the store. But what are they made of? Is there anything that sounds edible in there? And who knows what they don't put on the label! So I researched making your own. The recipe I like used sweetened condensed milk, but that is expensive and, besides, condensing it cooks all the nutrition out.

So I researched making my own. Most of the recipes are the same. They all call for butter - I don't want the added fat - and a blender. Well, I am way too lazy to get the blender out. So I tried making my own recipe, and darned if it isn't the best tasting creamer ever! Now, it's not healthy, it has a lot of sugar (you can easily cut it in half, I've started doing that), but if you like your coffee sweet, you can add the whole amount. The dry milk is non-fat, and you can use skim milk; I use 2%.

• 2 cups dry milk
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 Tbsp almond extract, or any other flavor you choose
  • 1 cup hot water
  • 4 cups milk

1. Mix the dry milk and sugar in the container you want to use (I use an empty bottle from commercial coffee creamer, the giant size)
  2. Add the water and flavoring, put the lid on the bottle, and shake very well.
  3. Add the milk and shake even better to get the sugar to melt away.
  4. Shake it a little every time you use it.
  5. Store in the refridgerator. It keeps for the same amount of time as the milk you used. (It never lasts us that long!)

By Free2B [217]

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Recipe: Homemade Irish Cream Creamer

Easy and delicious in coffee.

• 1/4 cup ground mint flakes
  • 1 cup coffee creamer, plain or flavored
  • 1 cup powered milk
  • 1 cup powered quik , choc. prefered
  • 4 tsp cinnamon
  • 3 tsp nutmeg
  • 4 tsp ginger
  • 3 tsp cloves
  • 4 gelatine 'Knox' pkts
  • 2 tea bags of chai tea

Once in awhile, I will add another flavor, like vanilla extract.

1. Sift all ingredients together.
  2. Store in a airtight container.
  3. Use 2-4 teaspoons with coffee or tea

Source: nope, just a mix of other things added

By leeannam47 [1]

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Tip: Homemade Flavored Liquid Coffee Creamer

Those flavored liquid coffee creamers are wonderful but does anyone make their own? Seems there must be some way to reduce the cost. My favorite is French Vanilla. Thanks in advance for any help.

Lady Claire from Buffalo, NY

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Recipe: Amaretto Coffee Creamer

• 3/4 cup nondairy powdered creamer
  • 3/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Combine all ingredients in a container with a tight fitting lid. Shake well to blend. Store in an airtight container.

To serve, stir 2 tablespoons creamer into 6 ounces of hot coffee.

Yields about 12 servings.

By Chell

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Homemade Flavored Coffee Creamer Recipes.

Question: Powdered French Vanilla Coffee Creamer Recipe

How do you make your own simple, good French Vanilla powdered creamer for coffee?

By jamish from Tribune

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By carolcoen [1] 02/06/2010

I use non-dairy creamer and powdered vanilla.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Homemade Powdered Coffee Creamer

Please help. I would like recipes using dry powered milk to make coffee creamer not the liquid, but the dry coffee creamer. Many thanks.

God bless!

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By mhill28525 1 01/05/2014

Hi thrifty people! While searching for an easy homemade recipe for coffee creamer, I ran across this page:

http://www.couponcloset.net/homemade-powdered-coffee-creamer/ which provides the following recipe:

Homemade Powdered Coffee Creamer (Save 50% or more)
1 Cup Powdered Milk
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil

Mix together the dry ingredients. Slowly drizzle the melted coconut oil over the dry ingredients.

My daughter is a massage therapist and she educated me as to the benefits of coconut oil. It is very good for us both internally and externally. The following page expounds on these benefits. I have included the information below the link. http://www.coconutmagic.com/the-incredible-health-benefits-of-coconut-oil

Coconut oil makes you look good and feel good, whats not to love? Used both internally and externally coconut oil:

Adults take 2- 4 tablespoons daily and children take 2 teaspoons every morning.

-Boosts Energy Levels and Helps Chronic Fatigue
-Coconut oil is metabolized and converted by the liver directly into energy
-Maintains Healthy Food Nutrients and is the Best Choice for Healthy Cooking
-Coconut oil is a highly stable fat that does not oxidize when heated making it a very safe
and healthy cooking oil.
-Increases Metabolic Rate and Leads to Weight Loss
-Coconut oil increases your metabolism so you burn more KJ's which leads to natural and healthy weight loss.
-Supports Immune Function by Killing Disease Causing Bacteria, Fungi and Viruses
-The MCFAs in coconut oil offer antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties.
-Supports and Improves Symptoms of Digestive Disorders
-Coconut oil possesses a gastrointestinal antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect.
-Creates Radiant Skin  As an Antioxidant it Reversing Free Radical Damage
-Coconut oil provides fat-soluble vitamins, minerals and super nutrition factors to damaged tissue.
-Is a Beauty Elixir  Excellent as a Skin and Hair moisturizer
-Coconut oil nourishes, moisturizes and protects your hair and skin by replenishing the bodys natural oils (Sebum).
-Helps Reduce Sugar Cravings and Balance Blood Sugar
-People using coconut oil have noticed their ability to go without food for longer without symptoms of hypoglycemia and with less cravings and feelings of satisfaction.
-Supports Healthy Thyroid Function and Hormone Balance
-Regular consumption of coconut oil restores thyroid function by assisting the hormones transport to the cells.

Oil Pulling is a Simple and Effective Way to Detox Your Body, an ancient Ayurvedic health tradition which involves using the oil as a mouth wash and spitting it out. The fat enzymes in the oil literally pull toxins, pus and bacteria from the body. It also whitens the teeth.

When first taking Virgin Coconut Oil start with 1 tbsp. with each meal. Some people experience loose bowel movements for a few days (this may be a sign of intestinal fungal infection or candidiasis as it is being destroyed). For those with a sensitive taste or stomach it may be helpful to mix with tea, juice, yogurt or add to some food such as oats, nuts and seeds.

Virgin Coconut Oil is both safe and recommended for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.

Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCFAs)

Fats are chains of carbon atoms that are surrounded by hydrogen. The more hydrogen the more saturation and the more stable the molecular structure.

Coconut oil is a saturated fat that consists primarily of medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs). The MCFAs in coconut oil possess incredible health-giving properties. Other than coconut oil these MCFAs can only be naturally found in mothers breast milk. This is what gives coconut oil its reputation as The breast milk of mother nature.

The shorter MCFA chains require less energy and fewer enzymes to digest. For most people, coconut oil can be emulsified during digestion without burdening the gall bladder or liver. Unlike animal fats it is also friendly for the kidneys and can help dissolve kidney stones. Thus, coconut oil provides more energy more quickly than other fat sources.

People who suffer from poor digestion, especially liver or gall bladder problems would benefit more by using coconut oil rather than other oils in their diet.

Immune System Enhancing Properties  MCFA

Coconut oil contains the following MCFAs:
Caprylic acid C8
Capric acid C10
Lauric acid C12
Myristic Acid C14

Each of these contain antiviral, antimicrobial and antifungal properties. Lauric acid has the greatest antiviral activity. Caprylic acid is the most potent yeast fighting substance.

Research says that MCFAs disrupt the lipid membranes of viruses, bacteria, yeast and fungi because their membranes are both very similar. This confuses the microbes and viruses causing them to weaken and become easy prey to white blood cells, which in turn strengthens the bodys immune system.

Those who suffer from candida and other fungal infections may greatly benefit from coconut oil. Psoriasis and eczema are actually skin infections caused by a fungus and can be helped by applying coconut oil topically.

Much of the mass media claims that saturated fats lead to clogging of the arteries and cholesterol problems, when in reality it is cooked unsaturated fats (commercial and vegetable oils), bad calcium, and foreign cholesterol from eating animal products that constitutes arterial plaque.

Coconut oil contains no cholesterol and may actually help lower cholesterol levels. People from areas in the world that have a staple base of coconut in their diet have consistently lower levels of cholesterol than those that dont.

The cholesterol-lowering properties of coconut oil are a direct result of its ability to stimulate thyroid function. In the presence of adequate thyroid hormone cholesterol is converted into necessary anti-aging steroids.

Dr. Raymond Peat who is a leading researcher in hormone health, details how coconut oil, when added regularly to a balanced diet, lowers cholesterol to normal by promoting its conversion into pregnenolone. Dr Peat recommends increasing pregnenolone for women with hormone imbalances.

Pregnenolone improves circulation in the skin, gives the face a lift, restores sagging skin, and restores bags under the eyes by promoting the contractions of muscle like cells. Pregnenolone counters fatigue, enhances memory, protects the nerves from stress, and has anti anxiety properties.

Research has also indicated that coconut oil may in itself have antioxidant properties, since the oil is highly stable and reduces our need for vitamin E, whereas unsaturated oils increase our need for vitamin E. Coconut oil is known to produce pregnenolone, an anti aging steroid produced naturally by the body and pregnenolone is an antioxidant.

Side Note: In wanting to make sure about this since I was not familiar with pregnenolone I searched for coconut oil and pregnenolone and found the following page referencing the Dr. Oz Show: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/surprising-health-benefits-coconut-oil

Coconutmagic.com continues with - Thyroid and Weight Loss
Cooked unsaturated oils suppress the metabolism, contributing to hypothyroidism and weight gain. Bad oils not only suppress our tissues response to the thyroid hormone, they also suppress transport of the hormone on the thyroid-transport protein.

Consuming coconut oil regularly restores thyroid function, may help relieve thyroid function, and actually increases the metabolic rate leading to weight loss.

Blood Sugar
One of the most noticeable affect for people when they start consuming coconut oil regularly is the ability to go for several hours without eating, and having feelings of hunger without the symptoms of hypoglycemia and erratic blood sugar levels. Erratic blood sugar stresses the system and calls in the need of adrenal glands.

Shifting to coconut oil as a major source of our fat and energy normalizes blood sugar levels, increases energy, decreases the stress on our system, and thus reduces our need for the adrenal hormones, and removes the effects of adrenal stress.

Coconut oil is the most stable of any oil or butter and can be heated to very high temperatures. Therefore if you are going to heat food, coconut oil is the healthiest and wisest choice for cooking. Unlike other fats and oils coconut oil when heated does not form dangerous trans fatty acids because it is a completely saturated fat.

Simply making the simple switch to using coconut oil for all of your cooking needs can have tremendous beneficial affects to your overall health and energy levels.

* reference David Wolfe, Eating for Beauty

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Chai Spiced Coffee Creamer Recipe

Chai Spiced coffee creamer ~~ Coffeemate (I think it was them) used to make chai spiced coffee creamer and I loved it!! I don't know if they stopped making it or my local stores no longer carry it - I've checked all 5. Does anyone know how to make this so I could keep it all week? Thanks!

Mindy from Oregon

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Noor (Guest Post) 09/29/2008

1-1/2 cups nondairy powdered creamer
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice

1. In a medium sized bowl, combine creamer, sugar, milk powder, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, pepper, cloves and allspice. Spoon mixture into storage container and cover.

2. To serve, stir 1 tablespoon of creamer into 1 cup hot coffee.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: French Vanilla Coffee Creamer Recipe

How do I make French vanilla coffee creamer?

By William

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By versitalbear 1 08/28/2012

Everyone is in luck, I know how, have made my own for years now, and the recipe comes in two types, really easy and totally organic. However it helps to understand what the components really are. You simply cannot take cream and add vanilla to it and have French Vanilla creamer, this would simply be vanilla creamer. You have to know what "French" vanilla is. "French" vanilla is actually a custard base with fresh vanilla bean added for flavor. The custard base is simply milk, sugar, and eggs that you cook to get the flavor and most of all the thick creamy body.

As you guessed it, the very best recipe is also the very worst for your diet. The recipe ingredient amounts can be altered to your own tastes but it starts like this...

2 eggs, whole and very well beaten.
4 cups cold milk, (if you use skim milk and want a thicker creamy body add one extra egg or reduce the milk to 3 1/2 cups).
1/2 cup sugar.
2 fresh vanilla beans (more or less to taste, I think 2 is "very" vanilla), (slit the vanilla bean length wise and carefully scrap the insides of the bean out of the husk and throw the husk away keeping only the inside of the bean).

In a sauce pan, add the milk, sugar, vanilla and beaten eggs and whisk until well blended. Turn on the stove to low. Slowly stir the mixture constantly while heating (to prevent scalding, if you scald the mixture you cannot save it, dump it out and start over). The mixture is done when the mixture thickens, turn the heat off and continue to stir for 2 or 3 minutes to be sure. place the mixture in a clean jar and let cool 15 to 30 minutes then place in the fridge. Be sure to date it because it will only keep for a maximum of 10 days.

This second recipe is almost as good as the first but it is also far better than store bought creamer.
Pro's: It doesn't need to be cooked, takes about 10 minutes to make, it is super simple to make.
Con's: It isn't as good as the first but far better than bought, and you have to shake it before you use it. (not a big deal)

1 12 oz can of sweetened condensed milk.
3 cups cold milk (I use skim "no fat" and I love it.)
your choice of 2 or 3 vanilla beans (only the insides like in the other recipe above) or 1 Tbsp. good quality vanilla extract ( I use Watkins and it's great).
1 small pkg of instant vanilla pudding, (some stores will have a French Vanilla flavor and it tastes a bit better)

As per the pudding directions whisk the pudding and 2 cups of the milk until it starts to thicken.
Add the rest of the ingredients and the rest of the milk and whisk until smooth. (If you like a sweet creamer, taste it, because it will be a bit sweet anyway, you can add sugar to your tastes).

Makes almost two quarts and can be kept in the fridge for up to two weeks. I use this recipe most of the time and I think it is very very good.

Note: I kept a 64oz creamer bottle to keep my homemade creamer in and no one can tell it from the store bought creamer. Enjoy!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Coffee Mate Caramel Vanilla Flavored Creamer Recipe

I have been spending over $30 a month on liquid flavored coffee creamer. I know someone out there has a recipe for the French Vanilla Caramel creamer by Coffeemate. Please help. My hubby loves this stuff and it's killing our food budget. This is the only way I get to share my morning with him, otherwise he doesn't drink it. Thanks in advance.

Tina from Tenino, WA

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Teresa Brough [1] 11/21/2008

We gave up on prepackaged long ago. If you are near a World Market, you can buy a 25.4 oz bottle of Torani brand syrup for about $7.00 a bottle They have Caramel, Vanilla, Toasted Marshmallow, French Vanilla and several other syrups. You only need an ounce at the most and you can save a lot of money. If you cannot find the syrup locally, you can find it on the internet: Torani or R Torre & co. Sam's Club also sells coffee syrups. You can then choose whatever type of creamer you want to use.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Homemade Flavored Powdered Coffee Creamer

I'm in need of some homemade flavored dry coffee creamer recipes.

By Deb from Kellogg, IA

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Terri [2] 11/19/2009

Get a fresh vanilla bean, carefully cut it in half vertically (down the long side) and place it (full or you may only need half) in some powdered milk. Shake it daily for about 1-2 weeks (depending on how strong you want it) and you'll have vanilla flavored "creamer." You can also use this same technique on sugar. It's super-yummy and one vanilla bean goes a long way!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Healthy Non-dairly Coffee Flavoring Recipe

I am looking for non-dairy coffee flavoring recipes and/or products. The ready-made flavorings create considerable gastric distress for me. I just found that an almond-coconut milk works well for me, so if I can figure out the caramel-like flavor to add, it'll probably work.

By Carolyn [24]

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Question: Coffee Creamer Recipes

Does anybody have a recipe for flavored coffee creamers?

By Patricia from Gulfport, MS

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No