Homemade Ice Pack

I just had surgery for a broken femur bone and am going through ice without an ending. Does anyone have the recipe for homemade ice pack gel?

By Donna from Castle Creek, NY

Answers:

Homemade Ice Pack

Buy a couple of large bags of frozen peas. The package molds to any shape and they can be refrozen and used again and again. I used to use them for my tension headaches. (08/21/2010)

By AvaElizabeth

Homemade Ice Pack

Yes, you can use packages of frozen vegetables for an ice pack. Peas are usually recommended but I think others would work, too, like corn? And then there are also re-usable frozen ice packs with plastic containers and some sort of chemical inside. (08/21/2010)

By pamphyila

Homemade Ice Pack

1/2 alcohol and 1/2 water. Put in a freezer bag or 2. Makes the gel type. Does not totally freeze and contours to your body. (08/24/2010)

By firefly57

Homemade Ice Pack

After losing my leg I asked at my Orthopedic office for 1 of their gel packs and they gave me one. I also just found some at our dollar store. I hope you get well soon. (08/25/2010)

By keeper60

Homemade Ice Pack

Try bags of peas, or sometimes I use the cooling packs I get for my casserole dishes.

But if you don't like that, here is a site with several recipes:
http://tipnut.com/quick-easy-homemade-ice-packs/

I would double bag them with the top of one at the bottom of the outer bag. Good luck. (08/26/2010)

By yoder178

Homemade Ice Packs
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
three examples
Making an Ice Pack With Rice
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
🎄