Homemade Instant Oatmeal

Is there a recipe for sugar-free instant oatmeal, plain or flavored?

By Linda L from Bloomington, IL

I Googled "instant oatmeal recipe" and got tons of hits. This one looks great: http://www.instructables.com/id/Homemade-instant-oatmeal/

I use Quaker's Instant Oatmeal, it is sugar-free, then I add the Sugar-free coffee creamer for flavor. The Caramel Latte flavor is amazing!

I make this for me all the time and it is so good: You have to use a big bowl, or it will overflow in the microwave.

I put as much plain oatmeal as I think I will eat into a bowl. Usually 1/2 cup. I pour water over it until the water comes to the top of the oatmeal, usually a cup. Most of the time I don't measure it, but just pour water over the oatmeal until it is all covered regardless of the instructions on the container of oatmeal.

Then I microwave it for two minutes. When it is done, I put some butter in the oatmeal, which will be hot, and then some sugar free pancake syrup. I love pancake syrup on oatmeal it gives it a maple flavor. Also, some people like to put raisins in the oatmeal after it comes out of the microwave. Some folks put milk in it, or a large dollop of yogurt.

I just love this recipe so much!

Blessings,

Robyn

Use regular oatmeal. Use 2 parts water and 1 part oatneal and cook in microwave. Fast & easy. I often add fruit or yogurt to mine. Be careful and watch because it does boil over quickly when it is almost done.

Here is the one I use and I eat it every morning. I like the idea that this will last for several days. I mix 5 cups old fashioned oatmeal (just because I like it better than the quick). I add 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup powdered milk and this is optional, but I use a package of Craisins or whatever dried fruit I have on hand and stir. To cook, I put a scant cup of water in a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup, add 1/2 cup of the mix. I cook it on high for 2 minutes. If you use the instant oatmeal, you would only have to cook it for 1 minute. I add milk when done, delish!

This is a good one that we use at our house:

http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2008 ... ts-a-visual-guide-and-cost-analysis/

Jar of instant oatmeal.
Homemade Instant Oatmeal Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips BreakfastJune 23, 2011
A bowl of oatmeal.
Saving Money On Oatmeal
baked oatmeal
Baked Oatmeal Recipes
Peanut Butter Oatmeal
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Recipes
Carnation Instant Breakfast Recipes
Carnation Instant Breakfast Recipes
🎉
🎄