Homemade Kool-Aid Playdough

This is a cheap way to make playdough that won't harm your child if eaten.

Ingredients

• 1 cup flour, sifted
  • 1 cup water
  • Ad
  • 1/2 cup salt
  • 3 Tbsp. cooking oil
  • 1 package of Kool-aid (the small packets with no sugar added)

Directions

Combine the flour, salt, oil and Kool-Aid in a bowl. Then bring 1 cup of water to a boil and add it to the bowl and mix well. Knead the mixture until your playdough has a nice consistency and let the kids have at it! You can make different colored playdough by using different flavors of Kool-Aid. Store in the refrigerator between uses.

Answers:

Homemade Kool-Aid Playdough

This recipe is so awesome! I printed it out and headed for the kitchen, telling my children that I was going to make play dough out of kool - aid, and they all thought I was crazy. But, they REALLY enjoyed watching it happen, and they're still playing with it, too!
Thank you for sharing this! (08/06/2004)

By Melissa

Homemade Kool-Aid Playdough

My husband is in the military and brought home a box of medical grade gloves. Me and my son put them on and went to town, so to speak. We had more fun making the dough than playing with it after. But it's very important that it be sealed against air when finished with playing or it gets rock hard. (08/26/2004)

By Suzanne S.

Homemade Kool-Aid Playdough

It was so cool! As soon as I got the recipe i tried it out. It seems as if me and my husband eat it more than our grandchildren do.
(10/06/2005)

By Abigail Georgette Moore

Homemade Kool-Aid Playdough

I use this recipe with a group of kids at a homeschool coop and the LOVE IT! I have not had any experience as far as staining the hands or clothes. Although, the kids do wear worn out T-shirts over the clothes. Hope this helps! (01/10/2006)

By Cristina

Homemade Kool-Aid Playdough

I have used this many years w/children:) They love it! and no it doesn't stain the clothes in the experiences I have had. Children love making it and love the kneading together the best - but remember to let the water cool somewhat before they knead:) (03/13/2006)

By Jan.

Homemade Kool-Aid Playdough

My play dough that i made was very very sticky after a hour. How do you make it? I need help, it doesn't work.

By wennedy

Homemade Kool-Aid Playdough

Hey this stuff worked so well, me and my friend Shae used it and it didn't stain clothes or hands. Well, I'm really happy with this recipe!

By Theresa

Girl Playing with Colorful Playdough
Homemade Play Dough Recipes
Photo of homemade orange jello.
Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Making Cloud Dough
Making Cloud Dough
🎉
🎄