Homemade Laundry Soap

We were talking about making homemade laundry soap. Does any one have a recipe for it?

Kddid from Springfield, MO

Homemade Laundry Soap

Here are two options:

• 1 cup grated soap (laundry soap like Fels Naptha or Ivory bar soap is fine)
  • 1/2 cup Borax
  • 1/2 cup Washing Soda (only by Arm & Hammer.)

use 1 TBLSP for med loads, or double for large/heavy soil.

NOTE: No one else mentions this, but grating soap is DANGEROUS to your lungs. Even measuring this out will get soap up your nose. I now do option 2:

Equal parts Borax and Washing Soda. Use 1/3 cup in wash. I also add Nature Bright Laundry Brightner by Shaklee to soften and whiten/brighten. (2 Tbsp large load) You can order it at www.healthyhomeworld.com I realized the Washing soda works just as well without the soap, and it was easier than grating soap for an hour! It is the main ingredient in biodegradable laundry detergents, and has disinfecting qualities. My older son and husband have sensitive skin, so this seems to work the best for our money! (07/12/2006)

By camo_angels

Homemade Laundry Soap

I was given this recipe for liquid laundry soap:

• 1/2 cup of liquid castile soap (can purchase on amazon or find it at Target in the cosmetic section for 13)
  • 1/2 cup washing soda (online at soapsgonebuy.com or amazon or in a local store in the laundry section)
  • 1/2 cup borax (online at soapsgonebuy.com or amazon or in a local store in the laundry section))

mix togther in a 2 gallon container, add hot water to fill the container & stir. You will have to shake it up before each use because it will settle.

Use 1/4 to 1/3 cup per load (08/02/2008)

By Cathy T.

Homemade Laundry Soap

I never heard that grating the soap was bad for your lungs. Thank you for the tips. Sue (02/02/2009)

By missymagoo

Homemade Laundry Soap
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
HE Washer
Homemade Laundry Soap for an HE Washer
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale