Homemade Lip Gloss

I would like to know how to make lip gloss?

By Tamlyn from LaMarque, TX

Answers:

Homemade Lip Gloss

I like mixing Crisco solid with honey and putting it in a container that used to have Blistex in it, those round little pots. It is so good and it is good for you. Crisco solid is the best for dry skin too. Great for babies bottoms. Robyn (12/05/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Homemade Lip Gloss

I am not so sure it's safe to use Crisco mixed with anything unless you're going to use it up in a very, very, very short period of time. Crisco, even uncooked, goes rancid in a super short period of time after originally unsealing the container. Mixing it with other foods to use on your mouth, which most certainly will be ingested, is not a safe idea to me :-(

There are lots of safe, long term alternatives in the archived links below. (12/05/2009)

By Deeli

Homemade Lip Gloss

Go to www.recipezaar.com and type in lip gloss there are 8 recipes there. (12/08/2009)

By PICO

Homemade Lip Gloss

Try recipegoldmine.com. on creative juice they took just a little bit of leftover lipstick and mixed it with some petroleum jelly to make a tinted lip balm. (12/08/2009)

By micksgirl

Homemade Lip Gloss

Years ago, I asked my daughter what shade of lipstick she used and learned she hadn't used any for years--just Vaseline. So I tried it and within 2-4 weeks, my lips had very good color without lipstick, and no more cracking in winter. It's been more than 20 years and it's still working just great. I put it on at bedtime and once in the morning. I keep a tiny metal container in my purse. Really cheap! (12/08/2009)

By sarsi

Homemade Lip Gloss

My science class once took some crayons, mineral oil, a little wax from a new toilet ring, and some flavoring you'd find in the grocery and made lip gloss. (12/30/2009)

By GreyFowl