Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Homemade Liquid Hand Soap Recipes

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Homemade Liquid Hand Soap

Making your own liquid soap at home can save you money and smell just the way you want it to. This page contains homemade liquid hand soap recipes.

Solutions: Homemade Liquid Hand Soap Recipes

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Use Bath Soap For Hand Soap

Several years ago after getting a dog I noticed how much liquid hand soap I was using. It was getting really expensive so I knew I would have to think of some frugal way to have an easy way to wash my hands many times a day.

One day, while shopping at my local discount market, I noticed how inexpensive large bottles of liquid bath soap was; it was much cheaper than the small bottles of handsoap. I thought I would see how it was for washing hands and it is great!

My only problem was that the plastic 'straw' inside the pump was quite thick and I used more than I needed each time I pumped the soap. Well, to solve this problem I simple took a regular drinking straw and cut it the length of the container and placed it inside the one that came with the container. Now, I get less soap coming out each time I pump the liquid out and it has become even more economical. Hope this will help all of you 'frugal' gals!

By Lisa from Thessaloniki, Greece

Tip: Bubble Gum Hand Cleaner

• 1/2 cup aloe vera gel
  • 1/4 cup 99% rubbing alcohol
  • 1/2 - 3/4 tsp. bubble gum fragrance oil

Directions:

Mix all ingredient together pour into pump style or squeeze bottle don't like to scent of bubble gum? Just use another scent of fragrance oil instead.

By IMAQT1962 from IL

Tip: Make Your Own Handsoap

You can make your own handsoap from one bar of soap. Grate one (1) small bar of any kind of soap and add 3 cups of water. Put mixture in a microwave safe container and zap for 3 minutes. Pour into a handsoap container with a pump when cool. Makes 24 oz.

-sewingmamma

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Homemade Liquid Hand Soap Recipes.

Question: Recipe for Fragrance-free Liquid Hand Soap

Does anyone know a reliable recipe to make fragrance-free liquid hand soap?

By Kathy H.

Question: Liquid Hand Soap Recipe Using Oxiclean

I am looking for a recipe for 10 gallons of liquid soap. It used Oxiclean as well as the standard ingredients.

By Mary Anne

Question: Inexpensive Homemade Liquid Hand Soap Recipe

I would like to make liquid hand soap. I am looking for a good frugal recipe.
Thank you.

By Laura from NH

Most Recent Answer

By Laura [3]03/07/2011

Great ideas! Thank you. I could check out the dollar store, to see if they have large dish soap or bath soap, and dilute to a good mix.