Homemade Liquid Hand Soap Recipes

Making your own liquid soap at home can save you money and smell just the way you want it to. This page contains homemade liquid hand soap recipes.

Homemade Liquid Hand Soap
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

June 2, 2015 Flag

Make your own liquid hand soap or foam hand soap from soap scraps that normally go to waste!

Approximate Time: 1/2 hour plus overnight setting

Yield: one gallonpump bottles filled with liquid soap

• 1 bar worth soap scraps or little hotel soaps to equal one bar for one gallon
  • 1 gal water
  • pot
  • mixer
  • optional: essential oils
  • bottles to store
Homemade Liquid Hand Soap

1. Cut up or grate scraps of soap bars and add to a pot with one gallon water, heat and let it melt until smooth.
  2. Homemade Liquid Hand Soap
  3. Turn off heat and let cool. I left mine overnight. It will gel up.
  4. Homemade Liquid Hand Soap
  5. I used my mixer and mixed it for about 3 minutes to break down the clumpy gelatinous mass. You may add more water if you want thinner soft soap. I chose not to this time.
  6. Homemade Liquid Hand Soap
  7. If you would like you may add a few drops of your favorite essential oils to scent the soap, or not, your choice!
  8. Then just pour some of the soap into some pump bottles (perhaps your recycling bin?) and save the rest in a larger bottle for refilling!
  9. Homemade Liquid Hand Soap
  10. Note: You may choose to separate some soap to scent while preserving the rest unscented so you can change scents the next time (by mixing in a different scent before bottling it) for use.
    It makes a ton!
  11. Extra tip: You may thin down the soap to a 1/4 ratio if you have an empty soap foam dispensing bottle to turn it into a foam soap too!
Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 25, 2015 Flag

Where can I get supplies for making liquid soap, perfume, and air fresher? Thanks.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try craft stores like Joann's and Michael's or search online for specific ingredients.

Originally I thought only health food and natural stores would have supplies I wanted for these items (essential oils, particular natural materials like white cider, baking soda, etc) BUT many grocery stores now carry them and I even found essential oils both IN some dept. stores like Walmart (in health and beauty section) and on their online sites and some are the same companies at lower prices!) Happy Hunting!

August 7, 2007 Flag

Several years ago after getting a dog I noticed how much liquid hand soap I was using. It was getting really expensive so I knew I would have to think of some frugal way to have an easy way to wash my hands many times a day.

One day, while shopping at my local discount market, I noticed how inexpensive large bottles of liquid bath soap was; it was much cheaper than the small bottles of handsoap. I thought I would see how it was for washing hands and it is great!

My only problem was that the plastic 'straw' inside the pump was quite thick and I used more than I needed each time I pumped the soap. Well, to solve this problem I simple took a regular drinking straw and cut it the length of the container and placed it inside the one that came with the container. Now, I get less soap coming out each time I pump the liquid out and it has become even more economical. Hope this will help all of you 'frugal' gals!

By Lisa from Thessaloniki, Greece

March 5, 2011 Flag

I would like to make liquid hand soap. I am looking for a good frugal recipe.
    Thank you.

By Laura from NH

A long time ago I purchased bottles of liquid hand soap at the Dollar store. When they ran out I refilled them with colored liquid dish soap using 1/3 soap and 2/3 water. Sometimes I put a drop of lavender oil in the bottle too. Hope this helps! I reuse the bottles until they need replacing.

I read that you can use plain old bubble bath. I do, and just fill up a used dish soap containter. It makes your hands feel so soft and smell so good!

Great ideas! Thank you. I could check out the dollar store, to see if they have large dish soap or bath soap, and dilute to a good mix.

October 24, 2004 Flag

You can make your own handsoap from one bar of soap. Grate one (1) small bar of any kind of soap and add 3 cups of water. Put mixture in a microwave safe container and zap for 3 minutes. Pour into a handsoap container with a pump when cool. Makes 24 oz.

-sewingmamma

May 10, 2006 Flag
    • 1/2 cup aloe vera gel
    • 1/4 cup 99% rubbing alcohol
    • 1/2 - 3/4 tsp. bubble gum fragrance oil

Directions:

Mix all ingredient together pour into pump style or squeeze bottle don't like to scent of bubble gum? Just use another scent of fragrance oil instead.

By IMAQT1962 from IL

Health & Beauty Home RemediesMarch 26, 2013
    Hand washing shower wall
    Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
    Bar of Soap
    Making Liquid Soap from Bars of Soap
    Liquid Hand Soap
    Stretching Liquid Hand Soap
    Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
    Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 4:56:26 PM on 10.0.2.102 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.