Homemade Liquid Hand Soap Recipes

Making your own liquid soap at home can save you money and smell just the way you want it to. This page contains homemade liquid hand soap recipes.

Homemade Liquid Hand Soap
Filter Sort

Homemade Liquid Hand Soap

By Donna 309 325

Make your own liquid hand soap or foam hand soap from soap scraps that normally go to waste!

Approximate Time: 1/2 hour plus overnight setting

Yield: one gallonpump bottles filled with liquid soap

• 1 bar worth soap scraps or little hotel soaps to equal one bar for one gallon
  • 1 gal water
  • pot
  • mixer
  • optional: essential oils
  • bottles to store
Homemade Liquid Hand Soap

1. Cut up or grate scraps of soap bars and add to a pot with one gallon water, heat and let it melt until smooth.
  2. Homemade Liquid Hand Soap
  3. Turn off heat and let cool. I left mine overnight. It will gel up.
  4. Homemade Liquid Hand Soap
  5. I used my mixer and mixed it for about 3 minutes to break down the clumpy gelatinous mass. You may add more water if you want thinner soft soap. I chose not to this time.
  6. Homemade Liquid Hand Soap
  7. If you would like you may add a few drops of your favorite essential oils to scent the soap, or not, your choice!
  8. Then just pour some of the soap into some pump bottles (perhaps your recycling bin?) and save the rest in a larger bottle for refilling!
  9. Homemade Liquid Hand Soap
  10. Note: You may choose to separate some soap to scent while preserving the rest unscented so you can change scents the next time (by mixing in a different scent before bottling it) for use.
    It makes a ton!
  11. Extra tip: You may thin down the soap to a 1/4 ratio if you have an empty soap foam dispensing bottle to turn it into a foam soap too!

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Use Bath Soap For Hand Soap

By Lisa Austin 21 89

Several years ago after getting a dog I noticed how much liquid hand soap I was using. It was getting really expensive so I knew I would have to think of some frugal way to have an easy way to wash my hands many times a day.

One day, while shopping at my local discount market, I noticed how inexpensive large bottles of liquid bath soap was; it was much cheaper than the small bottles of handsoap. I thought I would see how it was for washing hands and it is great!

My only problem was that the plastic 'straw' inside the pump was quite thick and I used more than I needed each time I pumped the soap. Well, to solve this problem I simple took a regular drinking straw and cut it the length of the container and placed it inside the one that came with the container. Now, I get less soap coming out each time I pump the liquid out and it has become even more economical. Hope this will help all of you 'frugal' gals!

By Lisa from Thessaloniki, Greece

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Make Your Own Handsoap

By irene 8 49

You can make your own handsoap from one bar of soap. Grate one (1) small bar of any kind of soap and add 3 cups of water. Put mixture in a microwave safe container and zap for 3 minutes. Pour into a handsoap container with a pump when cool. Makes 24 oz.

-sewingmamma

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Inexpensive Homemade Liquid Hand Soap Recipe

By Laura 3 32

I would like to make liquid hand soap. I am looking for a good frugal recipe.
Thank you.

By Laura from NH

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Laura 3 32 Flag

Great ideas! Thank you. I could check out the dollar store, to see if they have large dish soap or bath soap, and dilute to a good mix.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Homemade Liquid Soap Supplies

By okezie 1

Where can I get supplies for making liquid soap, perfume, and air fresher? Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Donna 309 325 Flag

Originally I thought only health food and natural stores would have supplies I wanted for these items (essential oils, particular natural materials like white cider, baking soda, etc) BUT many grocery stores now carry them and I even found essential oils both IN some dept. stores like Walmart (in health and beauty section) and on their online sites and some are the same companies at lower prices!) Happy Hunting!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Bubble Gum Hand Cleaner

By suzanne 277 750

• 1/2 cup aloe vera gel
    • 1/4 cup 99% rubbing alcohol
    • 1/2 - 3/4 tsp. bubble gum fragrance oil

Directions:

Mix all ingredient together pour into pump style or squeeze bottle don't like to scent of bubble gum? Just use another scent of fragrance oil instead.

By IMAQT1962 from IL

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Recipe for Fragrance-free Liquid Hand Soap

By mklh82 2 4

Does anyone know a reliable recipe to make fragrance-free liquid hand soap?

By Kathy H.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Liquid Hand Soap Recipe Using Oxiclean

By Mary Anne W. 2 6

I am looking for a recipe for 10 gallons of liquid soap. It used Oxiclean as well as the standard ingredients.

By Mary Anne

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Health & Beauty Home RemediesMarch 26, 2013
    ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
    Hand washing shower wall
    Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
    liquid laundry soap
    Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
    Bar of Soap
    Making Liquid Soap from Bars of Soap
    Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
    Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 6, 2016 at 4:15:45 PM on 10.0.2.12 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestions
    NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
    Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
    BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
    CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings