Homemade Notepads

You will need:

• Paper
  • white glue
  • paintbrush
  • cardboard
  • heavy weight objects
  • a straight edged knife

Directions:

• Take 8 1/2x11 inch pieces of paper and cut them into fourths. I use paper that has been used once, but blank on the backside, to recycle it.

• Create stacks of the paper. Only one side needs to be even.

• Pack the stack of paper firmly against a hard surface and lay it down on a hard surface.

• Put a piece of cardboard that is bigger than the stack on the top and bottom of the stack.

• Take whatever you have that is heavy and put it on top of the stack. I have used a case of water, which is heavy enough.

• The side that you packed is the side you will use to put the glue on. Take your brush (a sponge brush works well) and pour the white glue on it a little at a time and brush it on the flat edge of the paper. Make sure to get the edges, too. Let it dry and then put another coat on. Do this twice.

• After it is completely dry, take the knife and run it through between the sheets for the thickness of the pads you want. The knife will separate them cleanly.
By Lora from Milwaukie, OR

Answers:

Homemade Notepads

Sounds like you worked for a printing company. I remember once, the press came loose from where it screwed down on the paper and paper flew all over the place! I also worked for a printing company and one of my favorite jobs when I had to work out in bindery was padding. It was always kinda calming! I hated collating though. (08/18/2008)

By Noella

Homemade Notepads

I have been making my own tablets for years, only I use a paper cutter to make stacks of paper for the tablets out of what ever I have at hand to recycle, just as you said. I don't use cardboard. I make the pad to be glued about 1/3 of an inch thick. The clip the outside of the top of the pads on the 2 sides; leaving the top clear. Clipping with those clips, that come in many sizes, that have those movable flip wire finger pad things. They are usually black, but you can flip the wire things, up or down, up for opening the clip, and down for storing. These clips keep the paper very packed.

After clipping both sides, I use the glue bottle and put a fair amount of glue all over the top. Then I put it in a place, with the top glued side up, and let it dry. No cutting, no doing 2 or more, very fast. I have a gas stove with pilot lights, and usually I put the wire finger pad things to the outside, in between up and down, and hang it with the glued side up, between the wire racks in the oven. It dries very fast this way. (08/18/2008)

By Chris

Homemade Notepads

Hi everyone. I am a printer. If you want to do this at home economically, go to Google look up padding compound. It will come by the gallon so I hope you plan on doing a lot, also Elmer's works the exact same - just make sure you are very liberal with the amount you use. Everyone I know that does it by hand uses a 2 inch brush. Make sure if you intend to do it over and over to wash the brush with hot water and let it dry or it is wasted! Also make sure to use some kind of weight on the top of the paper and keep it about an eighth of an inch from the edge. Note: Do not get the glue on the sides of the paper or it will rip when you take it apart. (09/23/2008)

By Heavy D

Photo of homemade notepads.
Making Homemade Notepads
Photo of homemade orange jello.
Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
CD Notepad
Making a Recycled CD Notepad
🎄