Homemade Notepads - Gummy Adhesive Material for Notepads

I am curious on how to make the gummy stuff that connects the notepad paper. I am interested in recycling my one sided printer paper. Thank you for replying. Enjoy your day.

Lydia

Answers:

I use rubber cement after I've cut the sheets in half. It works for my office. (02/22/2005)

By Mari

I made some with our children for Christmas. We used rubber cement on the edges. I put it on the edge, not over-doing it, but also making sure that there was plenty, then used a big clip to hold it until it was dried. Worked Great!

We recycle all our paper, and sometimes it seems as though we have more than we need, but when the girls are working on their math assignments, we end up going through it. Plus, the pads are great for shopping lists, to-do lists, etc. Enjoy!
(02/22/2005)

By Laura - in NH

At work, I just cut the sheets in half, then use a binder clip on the corner. Instant note pad of scratch paper! (02/22/2005)

By Mary

By Mari

I have been researching for the same thing and came up with the following:

You can use padding compound, rubber cement or tacky glue. Elmers makes a good rubber cement. I like to brush this on twice. I wait for the first coat to dry then add a second coat for durability. After the glue is completely dry then you can take the notepad out of the clamp and it's done.
Have fun! (11/16/2006)

By Anna

Photo of homemade notepads.
Making Homemade Notepads
Removing a bandaid and leaving behind some adhesive residue.
Removing Adhesive Residue on Skin
applying adhesive on a window
Removing Adhesive from Glass
CD Notepad
Making a Recycled CD Notepad
Excess Adhesive on Floor Tiles
Removing Excess Adhesive From Floor Tiles
🎄