Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipe

I am looking for a good homemade oven cleaner for my propane stove. Any ideas?

After you have used the oven, place a dish of ammonia in there. A few hours later, wipe off the dirt.

I have a 1941 propane roper, dual ovens and 6 burners. Per the tag and original paperwork, it was made 1 day before Pearl Harbor.

My pilot light is always on, for the ovens and 2 on top for the burners. I clean mine sometimes with comet and warm water, or soft scrub and warm water. Other times, I sprinkle sea salt onto a half lemon and scrub with it.

Commercial oven cleaners and ammonia should never be used in a gas stove. We recently had a kitchen fire in a nearby town due to the woman cleaning her propane oven with a commercial oven cleaner. (there was an explosion as a result) Usually propane stoves have a pilot light and when mixed with the fumes it is not good (ammonia is used in meth labs, along with the propane burners, which is why you hear of many meth labs blowing up). Newer propane and natural gas stoves have shut offs or spark plugs. Older ones do not. There are more stoves in use that do not have shut offs than ones that do (because the old ones were made better and last longer). Even the ones that do have shut offs, don't always shut the gas off 100%. Many of your commercial oven cleaners in the cans will read not for use in gas ovens. A few, can be used, depending on their ingredients and the flashpoints of the ingredients. There are some organic cleaners that are safe. But, you would have to read the labels.