Homemade Perfume Recipes

Category Bath & Beauty
Homemade perfume in a glass bottle.
Homemade fragrances for your body or home can be made using essential oils combined with a fixative. This page contains homemade perfume recipes.

Mix champagne and rose water for a unique and lovely fragrance. Make some for yourself and to give as a gift. This is a guide about making champagne perfume.

vintage perfume bottle

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I have recently used essential oils to make hand scrubs, but I would like to learn how to make perfume. Does anyone have a good recipe and advice on how to find the best oils and which ones blend well together? I love the idea of making my own fragrance without all the chemicals.

the thing to understand with perfumes and essential oils is that you need three notes - a top note (usually sweeter or floral), a medium note, and a base note (which is usually musky or wooden or otherwise strong) in this proportion:

Base: 20%

Middle: 50%

Top: 30%

you mix them up and either mix them with a carrier oil or with vodka. The latter is more of a cologne than a perfume.

Some great guides are here: http://www.over  ature-scent.html

https://michele  y-sexiest-picks/

I have done this before, and what I have liked is patchouli for base, rose for middle tone, and bergamot as a top note

you can also replace patchouli with sandalwood (more people prefer sandal) and replace rose with jasmine or lemongrass.

Here is an article from Wellness Mama: https://wellnes  -perfume-recipe/

I made some perfume, but there were so many different recipes that I don't remember exact ingredients. There's lots of good recipes on Pintrest It's mainly essential oils, another oil like coconut, and alcohol.

Could anyone tell me the recipe for making homemade perfume? I have the purse size roll-on bottles and lavender essential oil. Now I need the recipe.
It seems to me something else goes into the bottle. And how many drops of essential oil? Thank you.

Here is the recipe:

30 drops Lavender Essential Oil

1/2 cup plain Vodka

1/2 cup distilled Water

6 drops of Liquid Glycerin

Combine the ingredients in a dark glass bottle with a tight fitting lid. Store in a cool dark place.