How to Make Homemade Pizza
Making your own pizza is fun, inexpensive and delicious. Learn how to make homemade pizza in this guide.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a family favorite in our house. Not only is it very tasty but it is tailor made for each member of the house, and it is great family bonding time putting it together.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 package or 1 tablespoon of yeast
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoonful sugar
- 1 teaspoonful salt
- toppings of choice
- ground beef
- green pepper
- pizza sauce
- For your crust, mix your warm water with the yeast, sugar and salt. Next, mix in your oil and slowly add the flour, mixing it in as you add it, with a fork.
- Grease your cookie pan well and add the mixed dough onto the center of the pan. Grease your hands well, and flatten the dough down to the desired thickness. If making a thin crust pizza, you are good to go with your toppings. But, if you make a thicker crust, you will want to pre-bake it half way at this time.
- While crust is baking each family member prepares 1 or more ingredients. Chop olives, onions, shred the cheese, pre-brown hamburger or sausage and drain. This is where you need to pick the ingredients you want to prepare. Allow about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of each ingredient per person.
- Pull from oven and let cool slightly.
- Add pizza sauce and spread over crust.
- Now each person creates their own pizza or their side if sharing one crust. When my kids were little, they called this "decorating" their pizza.
- Put back into oven at 350 F and finish baking. Cheese should be melted and crust start to brown.
- Cool slightly, cut and enjoy.
January 13, 20171 found this helpful
My husband's homemade pizzas were a real treat. He loved making them, the crust was fantastic and would be nice and thick...then load it with our favorite toppings....couldn't be beat. It was a special New Year's Eve event, making a pizza and playing board games....sure miss those days but still have special memories. Making your own pizza isn't that difficult and so much fun personalizing your own pizza.
January 21, 20170 found this helpful
My late neighbor made us pizza every Christmas Eve. I make pizza too. I've never customized it and I like the idea.
In This Guide