Homemade Pizza Dough

Does anyone have a good recipe for homemade pizza dough. I would appreciate you sharing.

Sandy from Woodside, NY

Homemade Pizza Dough

I don't make mine home made but I discovered that Betty Crocker makes a great bag mix that is super easy and about 60 cents a bag. One mix makes a thin crust pizza for our family of 4. (11/01/2006)

By Jen

Homemade Pizza Dough

I have used this recipe for years. My husband prefers it to bought pizza.

• 1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees F)
  • 1 pkg dry yeast
  • 2-3 cups of flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
Mix yeast and water until dissolved. Add salt and 2 c of flour. Mix well. Add more flour as needed to make a soft dough ( not sticky). Place in slightly oiled bowl, cover and allow to rise in a warm place until double. (11/01/2006)

By Norms

Homemade Pizza Dough

I make this in my bread machine and my family loves it!!!

• 3/4 Cup Water
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 1 Teaspoon Salt
  • 2 1/2 Cups Bread Flour
  • 1 1/2 Teaspoon Active Dry Yeast
  • or 1 Teaspoon Quick Rise Yeast or Bread Machine Yeast
Use Dough Cycle, makes 2 12-inch pizzas.

By crys7881

Homemade Pizza Dough

Jay's Signature Pizza Crust
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes Ready In: 1 Hour 50 Minutes
Yields: 15 servings

"This simple pizza crust is chewy and soft, with a crispy exterior."

• 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour

1. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in the water, and let sit for 10 minutes.
  2. Stir the salt and oil into the yeast solution. Mix in 2 1/2 cups of the flour.
  3. Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise until double; this should take about 1 hour. Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out. Use for your favorite pizza recipe.
  4. Ad

5. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). If you are baking the dough on a pizza stone, you may place your toppings on the dough, and bake immediately. If you are baking your pizza in a pan, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping and baking it.
  6. Bake pizza in preheated oven, until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.

I got this recipe off of allrecipes.com, it is the best pizza dough recipe I have found. Give it a try you will love it. Hope you enjoy it!

By Marilyn

A woman kneading pizza dough.
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipes
Ball of pizza dough on flour dusted work surface
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Recipe
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Man Kneading Pizza Dough
Freezing Pizza Dough
Rollong pin on round of pizza dough.
Biscuit Pizza Dough Recipes