Homemade Powdered Coffee Creamer

After running out of my store purchased coffee creamer, I looked for alternatives and I combined several ideas to make a great powder coffee creamer. By adding other items like cocoa, other sugars, or spices you can develop additional flavors.

• 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
  • 1/2 cup powdered milk
  • 1/4 cup sugar

Put the rice in a blender for 5 minutes on highest setting to form a powder. Add the milk and sugar and again blend for only a few minutes.

I had some concerns using sugar as I do not like sugar in my coffee, but I was surprised to find that I could not taste the sugar. I was looking for something as close to "CoffeeMate" as I can get. It also appears to somewhat reduce the acid content of the coffee. I hope you enjoy it as I do

Source: I did not find this exact recipe on any site, but it is a modification/combination of several others I found on "tastofhome.com" and "hubpages.com".

By Bruce from Evergreen, CO

Homemade Powdered Coffee Creamer

Nice idea, but it doesn't work. The rice does not dissolve, it settles at the bottom of your coffee. You end up with this gluppy substance. I also tasted the sugar. I normally don't drink sweet coffee. Sorry this didn't work. (04/09/2009)

By lildinks

Homemade Powdered Coffee Creamer
Craft Ideas for Creamer Containers
Crafts Using Single Serving Cream Containers
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
creamer pitcher
Homemade Flavored Coffee Creamer Recipes
Creamer Bottles
Uses for Creamer Bottles