Homemade Powdered Coffee Creamer

After running out of my store purchased coffee creamer, I looked for alternatives and I combined several ideas to make a great powder coffee creamer. By adding other items like cocoa, other sugars, or spices you can develop additional flavors.

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
  • 1/2 cup powdered milk
  • 1/4 cup sugar

Directions

Put the rice in a blender for 5 minutes on highest setting to form a powder. Add the milk and sugar and again blend for only a few minutes.

I had some concerns using sugar as I do not like sugar in my coffee, but I was surprised to find that I could not taste the sugar. I was looking for something as close to "CoffeeMate" as I can get. It also appears to somewhat reduce the acid content of the coffee. I hope you enjoy it as I do

Source: I did not find this exact recipe on any site, but it is a modification/combination of several others I found on "tastofhome.com" and "hubpages.com".

By Bruce from Evergreen, CO

Answers:

Homemade Powdered Coffee Creamer

Nice idea, but it doesn't work. The rice does not dissolve, it settles at the bottom of your coffee. You end up with this gluppy substance. I also tasted the sugar. I normally don't drink sweet coffee. Sorry this didn't work. (04/09/2009)

By lildinks

Homemade Powdered Coffee Creamer
Craft Ideas for Creamer Containers
Crafts Using Single Serving Cream Containers
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
creamer pitcher
Homemade Flavored Coffee Creamer Recipes
Creamer Bottles
Uses for Creamer Bottles
🎉
🎄