Homemade Powdered Sugar

Ingredients

• 1 cup granulated sugar

Directions

Blend 1 cup of granulated sugar in blender until desired powder is produced. Easy and much less expensive than store bought powdered sugar!

By Karen from NH

Answers:

Homemade Powdered Sugar

i'v tried this a few times. Yes, it does work but it has a funny taste to it every time. (06/16/2006)

By annspam

Homemade Powdered Sugar

First, yes boxed has corn starch in it to keep it loose not clumpy. It is also called icing sugar in some places. Maybe that will help the German cook. But you can process it, it just takes forever and if you blender isn't strong enough will burn it out. Also I have never had luck getting it fine enough for frosting but I am trying again as my children cannot tolerate corn products. (09/18/2006)

By Melanie

Homemade Powdered Sugar

That was so easy! I will never buy powdered sugar again. Thank You (03/07/2007)

By Terri

Homemade Powdered Sugar

Thank you all for the information. Could not believe how easy it was to make this inexpensive powdered sugar. (09/21/2007)

By Antoinette

Homemade Powdered Sugar

Very cute. However, powdered or confectioner's sugar has 3% cornstarch in it. It's not just table sugar in a very fine powdered form. Therefore, it has a different consistency and is used differently. (12/10/2007)

By Tracey

Homemade Powdered Sugar

My son is allergic to corn and I have to make powdered sugar for recipes as all commercial brands have cornstarch.
I've found that a coffee grinder works very well. You have to make small batches and can't use one that has been used for coffee unless you want coffee flavored powdered sugar. (12/11/2007)

By Leanne

Homemade confectioner's sugar

G-ma said the same thing a lil cornstarch and a tad bit flour. and wallah or however its spelled. Have fun. (12/27/2007)

By T-mony German decendant

Homemade Powdered Sugar

Thanks. You saved the day! (01/13/2008)

By C Silvia

Homemade Powdered Sugar

Thanks for the hint. It is Easter morning and the nearest grocery store is 20 miles away and I didn't have enough powdered sugar. You saved my Easter cake. (03/23/2008)

By robinw

Homemade Powdered Sugar

Thanks so much, it saved my cookies! (05/08/2008)

By stephanie

Homemade Powdered Sugar

I tried that advised and it worked, thanks so much =] (06/26/2008)

By Olivia

Homemade Powdered Sugar

This worked so well but don't use a blender, use a coffee grinder (12/06/2008)

By suzzy

Homemade Powdered Sugar

Thank you! It's Christmas morning and I am making cinnamon rolls and I forgot powdered sugar for the frosting. (12/25/2008)

By Sheila

A sugar mill making powdered sugar.
How to Make Confectioners (Powdered) Sugar
Sugar Snap Peas
Freezing Snow Peas (Sugar, Chinese, or Sugar Snap Peas)
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Making Diabetic Powdered Sugar (Sugar Free)
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
🎉
🎄